I found out the newport I bought was owned by the Chicago Knocker's Mud wrest team

That's the recent lineup for cost cutting. Would make it a resto mod then I suppose.

ck_11_b.jpg

ck_11_b.jpg

I found some small items with partial names of the female mud wrestling team on them. I also called the guy I bought it from and he said it came from Chicago and was pretty sure it is the mud wrestler's car. I have emailed one of the wrestler's to comfirm this for sure and will attempt a title search.
I love the fact you are researching the crap out of this VERY unique vehicle. Good job!!!!

They'd be about my age now. Hmmmm....

Last edited:
I would imagine that car could tell some sweet stories. I wonder if it originally had rubber floor mats and vinyl seats so it could just be hosed out when necessary.

The mud wrestling crew was at least second owner I'd guess. Still curious what can be found out about first ownership. Hugh Hefner to top it ? Nah, probably airport service.

Didnt they make these full frame when converted? I dont think there would be structural sag.

The sag was tongue in cheek I guess due to sag of the mud wrestlers' "armory".

Last edited:
I wonder hat year that picture was taken.......looks like it could be literally yesterday.

If you mean the pic I posted, that is the crew of today.

I guess, I'll have to stop in Chicago next trip to Wisconsin!

I would imagine that car could tell some sweet stories. I wonder if it originally had rubber floor mats and vinyl seats so they could just be hosed when necessary.

Matt, get you mind out of the gutter.

Last edited:
I wonder if they are also suffering from some structural sag after all those years. :)

I would guess so, it's just part of getting older.

Is anyone going to talk about the car?

Last edited:
Back