I got a special treat after my evening cruise.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
It was a gorgeous windows down type of Florida summer evening so I had to take a short cruise around the lake to unwind a little. About a mile before my house an SUV started following me which pissed me off because I wasn't carrying. I pulled into my driveway and they stopped blocking me in. I got out to take them all on and I was confronted by Annie, the previous owner who had ordered the New Yorker back in 75.

She was so happy to see her car again she actually cried. Along with her was her husband (who never drove the car), and her daughter and son-in-law.

ZuF0Gnuh.jpg

Yes, the headlamp doors are open because they caught me off guard.

To think You almost threw hands with a old lady lol.

I am not a huge formal fan but After watching Trailer park boys they are growing on me a bit yours looks really good.

Last edited:
Very cool!

BTW, that was a small wakeup about why you carry. It's like an American Express card... Don't leave home without it.

That's amazing Stan and your car looks better than new with the headlight doors up or down.

Pic Copyright by Lakeland Lash. ;)
Looks unbelievably clean.

One of the finest Formals around. Great pic!

Pic Copyright by Lakeland Lash. ;)
Looks unbelievably clean.
Full disclosure:
It was dark out and I had to lighten the picture.
I was shocked at how the pic came out.
I have now discovered Lakeland Lash's secret. :grin:
qaDzn5rh.jpg

In my eyes that's how I see her when I look at her, anyway, so.....

Sometimes, with my first C (72 Monaco), I left the headlight doors open on purpose... Just for variation. I liked it both ways.

Your Formal looks good both ways also. :icon_thumleft:

Very cool, although I was expecting more of a grown up surprise :)
Your car looks sharp and I bet the old girl was happy to see it again.
When you say carrying do you mean firearms ?
Is that necessary in those parts ?

Very cool, although I was expecting more of a grown up surprise :)
Your car looks sharp and I bet the old girl was happy to see it again.
When you say carrying do you mean firearms ?
Is that necessary in those parts ?

Don't ask . It's a culture thing.

we really do live parallel lives..... Dealing with the original owner is always a special occasion..

we really do live parallel lives..... Dealing with the original owner is always a special occasion..

and getting less and less unlikely with every other day passing by. I spoke to a couple as well earlier, good source for old stories and Facts, sometimes exalted a bit, only one is left now.

Great story Stan, and a special moment. She must live nearby for a chance encounter like that.
I've been in touch with the original owner of Jazebelle, who's well into his 80's. But he hasen't responded in awile so I'm a little concerned about him.

Oh..... The formal is looking better then ever, headlight doors open or closed.

Great story Stan, and a special moment. She must live nearby for a chance encounter like that.
Here's the whole story. Very ironic.

Car was listed on ebay. Location: St. Louis.
During the auction, we talked on the phone.
Me: Why are you selling it?
She: We're moving and can't take it with us.
Me: Where are you moving to?
She: ....
. WAIT FOR IT,
SEBRING.
Me: :tongue9:

Back