I have a confession to make…

Her she is, we’ll call her Penny.

IMG_0388.jpeg

IMG_0389.jpeg

A new ICU and a Mopar voltage regulator are on the way from Mancini Racing. Plans include looking for the correct alternator, and detailing the engine compartment.

The trunk is the worst part of the car with all the dress-up panels damaged and the carpet being totally gone. I have an interior guy who may be able to make a new trunk carpet for me.

I got the alternator replaced, new ICU and a new voltage regulator. The old ICU had the epoxy melted out, as usual.

The car went out to lunch and it was a 48 mile round trip. It did really well.

I think I may have a sickness. I went and did it again. I could not resist. So here is a sneak peak at what is to come…

The decoded fender tag of what I bought.

E85440 CID 4bbl V8 - 225hp
D32HD A-727 TorqueFlite Trans
YM43Y = Imperial / LeBaron
M = Medium
43 = 4 Door Hardtop
T2CT = 440 CID 4bbl V8
2 = 1972
C = Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA
241559Sequence Number '241559'
HT8Paint Code: Chestnut Poly
RLXWTrim Grade/Style/Color
R = R Class
L = Leather 50/50 Split Bench Seat
XW = Black and White
EW1Upper Door Frame: Spinnaker White
315Scheduled Production Date: Wednesday March 15th, 1972
264526Order Number: 264526
V1WRoof Type OR Color: Full Vinyl Top - White
H54Dual AutoTemp II A/C
R48Power Antenna
L31Fender Mounted Turn Signals
L35Cornering Lamps
M45Fender Skirts
P33Power Vent Windows
P41Power Door Locks
S61Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel
N23Electronic Ignition 72 only
V5TBody side Molding - Tan Insert
G11Tinted Glass - All
P45Power Deck Lid Release
R32Dual Rear Speakers
I feel your pain …Not!!! I have the same affliction go for it!!! What else is there in life ! Be Happy

I will be installing some x-mat on the trunk floor as well. It is a glaring flaw when driving the car. It is quiet inside, except for the road noise coming through the unfinished trunk.

2 1972 Imperials, a 1973 Imperial, and a 1972 Valiant. The 1973 Fury is still around, but I am working on it at my dealership on the weekends.

IMG_0404.jpeg

I see your AutoTempII servo has been upgraded already with the aluminum bottom. Does the ac work?

What does the 2nd vacuum canister on the passenger side wheel well do? My car only has one there

I see your AutoTempII servo has been upgraded already with the aluminum bottom. Does the ac work?

What does the 2nd vacuum canister on the passenger side wheel well do? My car only has one there
No it does not work. The blower has been rigged to a toggle switch. There is no temperature control at the moment either.

It must have something to do with dual A/C, I have not had a chance to really dive deep into repairs yet. It is too cold to spend much time outside.

Back