I have a thing for hardtops and big trunks

ultrahumanite

Reaction score
I ran across this while moving boxes for a yard sale. There's not a Mopar in the picture but it does explain my love for the slabside C bodies. The pic was taken in the fall of 1994, I bought the Galaxie that spring from a farmer who dragged it out of a barn that he was going to tear down.

galaxie.jpg

galaxie.jpg

The '64 Galaxie 500 has always been my favorite big Ford, followed by the '63 and the '60. Wonderful ride quality-and just plain nice looking!

I have bought over a hundred cars. Most of them I parted, some I got running & flipped. Yet I have never ever ever bought one out of a barn? Back yards under a tree. Down a path in the woods. Abandoned projects in the garage, but a barn.....what am I doing wrong. I'd love to find a cool car like that in barn! I feel like a virgin?:eek:ccasion14:

No, I sold to to my brother in law's brother about 15 years ago. I moved to Detroit and was storing the car at my grandparent's house. Eventually my grandfather wanted that side of the garage back and I figured it was better if someone was driving it.

I know of a dusty galaxie just like this in a shed down the road, i keep meaning to stop in and ask about, yeah i know I gotta pull my finger out.

I have always liked that style Galaxies. A salvage yard I frequent has a super solid and straight one in the "keep" pile. Needs a full resto but it is all there and totally rust free...

We don't have barns in Florida, we have carports. Sumbitch.

Somehow a "carport find" just dosen't have the same ring to it.

Although I did make a cool "carport find" once. A small town just north of Alamogordo NM. A 1958 Fuel injected Corvette. It had been sitting for some time .... dirty and with flat tires. No body answered the door, I left a note but never heard anything.

58 vette (Large).jpg

Interesting to see how many of us like other cars as well as C Bodies........I thought it was just me. Mopar or not, sometimes you find something that you just gotta have, that is how I ended up with my GP.

Interesting to see how many of us like other cars as well as C Bodies........I thought it was just me. Mopar or not, sometimes you find something that you just gotta have, that is how I ended up with my GP.

'64 Galaxie's have always been one of my favorites also the 66-67 Fairlanes and 68-71's Torino's but my I don't have all the Mopars I need so never had any of them

'64 Galaxie's have always been one of my favorites also the 66-67 Fairlanes and 68-71's Torino's but my I don't have all the Mopars I need so never had any of them

Wow, we have similar tastes in the old Fords! 64 galaxy is my fav, love the stacked headlight Fairlanes, and my first car was a 68 torino two door hard top.

I almost bought a red 68 Torino GT when I was having so much trouble finding a RR when looking for my first car

Ahh, a big trunk... I love the looks I get at lowes putting 8 foot 2x4s in my caddies trunk... and then closing it. Sure the front of the boards are crushing my radio, but they don't know that...

Back