I keep telling myself it's a longroof, it's a longroof.

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
Mercedes decided to throw another monkey wrench in my plans and the air suspension decided to go out again. The previous owner replaced the air sorings and shocks before I bought it to the tune of $3300. Got the receipts that say so. That being said, all the electrical is good. All three fuses are good, the relay will trip with 12v power. The compressor well not so much. So not sure if it the compressor or the computer for the suspension. Either way I decided it's getting donated to Vehicles for Vets. They'll auction it off and take whatever they get and use it for the vets coming home.

That decision having been made, I had to find something for the wife and kid to cruise around in. So I did it. Flog away... It's a longroof, really....

IMAG1519.jpg

Last edited:
Mercedes decided to throw another monkey wrench in my plans and the air suspension go out again. The previous owner replaced the air sorings and shocks before I bought it to the tune of $330. Got the receipts that say so. That being said, all the electrical is good. All three fuses are good, the relay will trip with 12v power. The compressor well not so much. So not sure if it the compressor or the computer for the suspension. Either way I decided it's getting donated to Vehicles for Vets. They'll auction it off and take whatever they get and use it for the vets coming home.

That decision having been made, I had to find something for the wife and kid to cruise around in. So I did it. Flog away... It's a longroof, really....

View attachment 120330
If things go right I will be buying the same thing later this year.

With a wheelchair to haul around the T&C is a necessary evil but to tell the truth we love it! Had 6 of them since 1996 and love them. Really pissed they don't make them anymore. Even I can't afford a Pacifica so I don't know how the general public can.

BTW the Continental air compressor system from MB has become problematic in our Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 as of late. Compressors are back ordered to Pluto so if you got one keep an eye on it!

With a wheelchair to haul around the T&C is a necessary evil but to tell the truth we love it! Had 6 of them since 1996 and love them. Really pissed they don't make them anymore. Even I can't afford a Pacifica so I don't know how the general public can.

BTW the Continental air compressor system from MB has become problematic in our Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 as of late. Compressors are back ordered to Pluto so if you got one keep an eye on it!

I like it. it's just another notch in a long list of things I said I would never do that I end up doing. Move to the east coast, live in FL, buy a mini van... the list goes on and frankly, I'm scared of what I'll never do comes next...

I like it. it's just another notch in a long list of things I said I would never do that I end up doing. Move to the east coast, live in FL, buy a mini van... the list goes on and frankly, I'm scared of what I'll never do comes next...

Drive a Phord....that's what scares me.....

Mercedes decided to throw another monkey wrench in my plans and the air suspension decided to go out again. The previous owner replaced the air sorings and shocks before I bought it to the tune of $3300. Got the receipts that say so. That being said, all the electrical is good. All three fuses are good, the relay will trip with 12v power. The compressor well not so much. So not sure if it the compressor or the computer for the suspension. Either way I decided it's getting donated to Vehicles for Vets. They'll auction it off and take whatever they get and use it for the vets coming home.

View attachment 120330
Mini vans are great, and you can depend on it to get you where you want to go, as opposed to some over-priced POS MB. I've used my van to camp in, and to haul all kinds of stuff, from Snow Runners, to a pile of NOS brake drums, to a partial lathe. And when this one finally craps out(it's a '92 Grand Caravan) I'll probably get another one. You'll love that van, and you will also love being rid of that money pit.

Mini vans are great, and you can depend on it to get you where you want to go, as opposed to some over-priced POS MB. I've used my van to camp in, and to haul all kinds of stuff, from Snow Runners, to a pile of NOS brake drums, to a partial lathe. And when this one finally craps out(it's a '92 Grand Caravan) I'll probably get another one. You'll love that van, and you will also love being rid of that money pit.
I have to say the Mini Vans are built quite well. Just look how well mine held up in the accident earlier this month.

There's an old saying so I'm just the messenger here but it goes something like this. Driving a mini van is like doing a fat chick or riding a moped, it's a lot of fun but you hope your friends don't see you doing it.

There is no more practical vehicle for a family than a T&C. Just can't tow as much as our old wagons.

Gotta say, and I know we ain't the Chevy sort round here: I nabbed a 1996 GMC Safari back in about 2004. That damned thing was bullet proof ... for the time I owned it anyway. Enough space for 4X8 sheet goods between the wheel wells, I know I ran upwards of a 1/2 pallet of 4x8 red oak cabinet grade ply in it and it didn't even hiccup. Drove it through many a Montreal winters and never got stuck .. which one would be hard pressed to say for a regular full size.
No shame in Mini Vans on my part.

I know could haul full 4x8 sheets in the previous gen T&C. Don't know if the new ones can.

I know could haul full 4x8 sheets in the previous gen T&C. Don't know if the new ones can.

Yup they sure can. That was the benchmark they used for the Grand Caravan/ T&C since 1989. Even the new Pacifica supposedly does so as well.

View attachment 120330

Welcome to the world of owning a Benz. "The best or nothing", so the ad says. Ex-girlfriends dad owned a 5 series BMW that was ALWAYS in the shop. He really liked the Caravan ES that I was driving at the time and asked me to find one for him. Ironically I found the exact model down to the color. He loved it and only drove the Bimmer to his German-club events. Both our vans had well over 200k before they were stolen.

I just shipped a 2003 T&C limited AWD w/sunroof from CA to MI and I plan to rebuild the whole thing (cosmetically) because I plan to keep it many years until the most recent T&C's get cheaper.

I love minivans, but only the maxed out luxury ones, not the cheap versions with cheerios stuck to the carpet.

IMG_20170318_131018.jpg

Welcome to the world of owning a Benz. "The best or nothing", so the ad says. Ex-girlfriends dad owned a 5 series BMW that was ALWAYS in the shop. He really liked the Caravan ES that I was driving at the time and asked me to find one for him. Ironically I found the exact model down to the color. He loved it and only drove the Bimmer to his German-club events. Both our vans had well over 200k before they were stolen.

I just shipped a 2003 T&C limited AWD w/sunroof from CA to MI and I plan to rebuild the whole thing (cosmetically) because I plan to keep it many years until the most recent T&C's get cheaper.

I love minivans, but only the maxed out luxury ones, not the cheap versions with cheerios stuck to the carpet.

Not to hijack the thread, but we all know the 3rd and 4th generation mini vans had problems in the rust belt. Here is a company that makes great patch panels for them. They are great quality and inexpensive in price. Auto Body Parts | Rust Repair Parts | Truck Body Parts

Not to hijack the thread, but we all know the 3rd and 4th generation mini vans had problems in the rust belt. Here is a company that makes great patch panels for them. They are great quality and inexpensive in price. Auto Body Parts | Rust Repair Parts | Truck Body Parts

Not to hi-jack your hi-jack, but I can't see breaking out the welder when I can get a loaded rust-free example for $2300. (to be fair, my interior is gross and will be swapped with the nicer blue leather in my rusty version)

Not to hi-jack your hi-jack, but I can't see breaking out the welder when I can get a loaded rust-free example for $2300. (to be fair, my interior is gross and will be swapped with the nicer blue leather in my rusty version)
Everyone I have seen in, Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin have the rockers starting to go. This is a good fix for an otherwise good car. I have already done the one side of my van.

Back