I now have true dual exhaust and Flowmasters

Got it. Thanks.
(Over the years, the person who has craigSlist_1 has got very many strange emails I bet - lol)

I just bought a 1978 NYB 4drht and my second planned upgrade is a dual exhaust. It is a shame though because the cat back on mine is brand new. Getting rid of the factory Lean Burn is first on the list.

Good move, it usually is first on the list for all new owners of a "Formal". :evil5:

Hey NYB, got any pics or sound clips yet? What series of Flowmaster did you run? I love the sound of the super 44's on my lil red warlock. Do you have any droning at certain speeds/rpms that are unbearable?

No pics or sound clips yet. I'm trying to get all of the distractions out of the way so I can go to the big show July 8 at Carlisle. I have the 40 series flowmasters. It sounds pretty good at an idle. Not really any droning bands except maybe at 45 mph. Nothing unbearable. If you're coming to the show you'll be able to hear and look it.

I live in MT and have a job where asking for time off is a nightmare, so no Carlisle for me.

Ahh. I hope you have an opportunity down the road to make it to Carlisle. It is just unbelievable!!! Everyone needs to see the big show atleast once in their lifetime. I'm going to talk to someone at the show and see if they can post some video on the official Carlisle website for everyone to see.

Well, after switching the lean burn to electronic ignition, I decided against putting on dual exhaust for the moment as my car is likely just going to be a drivetrain donor iin the end. It is much less restrictive than factory and cost me $50. The muffler is a Thrush Welded. A nice mellow tone that isn't harsh or over powering.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fk7LDCMahfE

There is a shop in northern Illinois that still has the cards for the bending. I had him make up a dual system for my 74 Fury.

Hi everyone.

I'm new to this forum. I actually found it while looking for dual exhaust for my '78 Newport. I was wondering if the shop in Illinois panned out for anyone, and if so could I get some contact information for them.

Thanks Mike.

Hey NYB, got any pics or sound clips yet? What series of Flowmaster did you run? I love the sound of the super 44's on my lil red warlock. Do you have any droning at certain speeds/rpms that are unbearable?

I have Flowmaster 40s on my Newport. Luv em'...sounds are really nice, plus I have elongated chrome exhaust tips and I get some kind of slight reverb or "echoing" phenomena under acceleration and at highway speeds...hard to describe...is this the "drone" sound?

I agree, but it seems my lady likes her music and needs it loud when shes driving :icon_kidra:

That exhaust shop you guys are looking it is about 4 hours away from me. Its just north of chicago. I live near St. Louis, but in IL. Exhaust and a new windshield is the last of the work to putting this 74 back on the road. I was going to go with flowmasters but I'm so sick of them lol... I listened to magnaflow's but man they seem so quiet. Thinking of using their race mufflers with no packing inside them. There is a shop an hour away from me that does custom dual setups from manifolds back. It always looks great, the guy that does them has bent pipes for 40 years. He's prolly 60 by now. He loves doing old classic cars too. I'd love to have a factory kit but i'm not that patient to finding one lol. This will have to do

Back