I pulled the trigger on 2019 Scat Pack Charger

Mt Ephraim Dodge says they have one coming in. Not sure what color . If it's purple I could be in trouble.
I do hope they put that test color " Black Eye " into production, pretty color.
Often the last of the past models get a paint that is destined for the next year's run so....

Screenshot_20190522-194813.png
that's gorgeous

The HOA Swat Team was activated when I parked my NYB there for 20 minutes. No kidding.....a local cop rang my doorbell and asked if that was my car and I had 1 minute to move it or it would be towed and impounded. LOL!
You gotta get the hell outta there Bob.... I don't know why you put up with that crap!

I made 4 passes at my local dragstrip tonight.

The worst was 15.32 @ 110 in Sport Mode

The best was 11.82 @120 in Track Mode

The other 2 were in the 13.2 range @ 112 in Track Mode.

I need to get different wheels and slicks for the rear.

I did one line lock burnout and didn't use the launch (transbrake) at all.

The 15 second pass I lost traction at the tree while in Sport mode.

60 foot times were horrible because of tire spin.

I think I can get a tenth or two faster with slicks and MPH consistent at 120 or better.

Reaction time was .3 to .6

I believe wheel spin is the culprit for most of these cars running consistent 12s. They should be in mid 11s , easily.

I believe wheel spin is the culprit for most of these cars running consistent 12s. They should be in mid 11s , easily.

There were several Scat Pack Chargers/Challengers at the track (at least 6) and 4 of them were running in the 11.20 range. Those cars appeared stock but had slicks. I didn't see any of them using the Launch control. There was 2 Hellcats there but I didn't see either one of them on the track during the 2.5 hours I was there.

Stan, you ought to rent a Scat Pack and take it to the track.

That 8 speed auto in Track Mode gets you to 120 mph very quick at the big end. No way could you do that with a 6 speed manual.

BTW, the 6 piston Brembo's and 15.2" rotors slow you down quickly and safely.

I raced a guy in a 2000 something Corvette. He had a fire suit, helmet, racing boots, gloves, and a million manufacturer stickers on the side and rear of his vette. I smoked him by at least 3 full seconds and 21 mph. Good thing I looked back before I turned on to the return road.....the vette shot right past me and his brakes were squealing pretty loud. He would of ran in to me for sure if I would of turned on to the return road.

Stan, you ought to rent a Scat Pack and take it to the track.

That 8 speed auto in Track Mode gets you to 120 mph very quick at the big end. No way could you do that with a 6 speed manual.
Why isn't anybody listening heard me say multiple times, it's not about speed.
My right arm is the USB cable tween my pleasant point in my brain and the drivetrain.
I can hear every bearing.

Back