I pulled the trigger on 2019 Scat Pack Charger

I don't see it... no way you'd give up the Lincoln or the pickup for a manual shift :realcrazy:, adding on an unloved beater I could see.
That one isn't a replacement for one of Stan's. It's an addition for the Tribal Chief of the FUHOA Nation to use on official business.

Last edited:
Spotted this on the way home yesterday, and thought of you Bob. The ‘96 woulda eaten it alive, but I just didn’t want to embarrass him like that in broad daylight.... :rolleyes: LOL

I don’t like the white... however it still demands respect going down the road. It is pretty unsuspecting from behind, till you see the badges and front end.

I wanted to play with him a little, and hear it come to life a bit, but unfortunately we were coming right up to a light with traffic. No go..

View attachment 299579

When I'm on I-95 in the left lane people in front of me slow down and move to the right thinking I'm an unmarked State Trooper and then when they see it up close they pull up and try to get me to race them. LOL.

When I'm on I-95 in the left lane people in front of me slow down and move to the right thinking I'm an unmarked State Trooper
They've pretty much switched over to Explorers down here. Let's all the soccer moms fluck up traffic while they're vaping and texting on the way to Day Care.

Octane Edition Charger 707HP

2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat Octane Edition is a limited edition wildcat - Autoblog

FB_IMG_1562359267530.jpg

Stan, for the money, the V6 twin turbo is what you'd choose? I'd go with a paddle shifted Charger any day of the week looks ten times better than the Audi, I mean, Cadillac.

Taken from Car & Driver's website:

Super Cruise, GM's Level 2 autonomous-driving feature—which can steer, accelerate, and brake a vehicle without a driver needing to keep his or her hands on the wheel—will be available

So you want a Tesla also?

As for the stick?

The standard engine in the CT5 will be a 237-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder and the optional engine will be a 335-horsepower twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6. The performance-oriented CT5-V will boast a 355-hp version of the the twin-turbo V-6 as well as standard equipment such as adaptive dampers and an electronically controlled limited-slip differential. A more track-ready V-series model is also in the works, with a prototype already spotted testing. Both engines will pair with a ten-speed automatic.

So that puts you in the same boat as a Charger. Maybe it's because I'm brainwashed on Mopars, but the Cadillac looks to sterile to me. "I can go fast, but why should I?" Sure it's a nice car, I'll never know cause I'll never check one out. And I also know there is no need for you to have a race car, but wouldn't it be fun to have a car that thinks it is one? :poke:

An interesting article from Automotive News that further portends the future of these cars:

27DODGE-MAIN_i.jpg

Possible electrification of cars such as the Dodge Charger Scat Pack, left, and Charger SRT Hellcat is “not necessarily bad,” said FCA’s Tim Kuniskis.

DETROIT — Dodge has built its brand image around being an unabashed purveyor of American muscle.

That persona shouldn't change anytime soon, but the source of its trademark performance could evolve with the addition of electrified powertrains, said Tim Kuniskis, head of passenger cars for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

There might come a day when the old-school sensibilities of the Challenger and Charger are meshed with the modern era of electrified performance that has been a playground for high-priced supercars such as the Ferrari LaFerrari, Porsche 918 Spyder and Acura NSX.

27Kuniskis-01_i.jpg

JOE WILSSENS
Kuniskis: “Firm believer”
"I think the absolute future is electrification of these cars," Kuniskis told Automotive News after unveiling wide-body versions of the Charger SRT Hellcat and Scat Pack. "That's not necessarily bad. It could be [battery electric], it could be [plug-in hybrid], it could be regular hybrid, could be e-axles, any one of the number of electric technologies. But I am a firm believer that electrification will be the key to high performance in the future."

Kuniskis said consumers' love of performance isn't going anywhere even as the electric-vehicle era progresses. Affordability, he said, is the key barrier right now to potential electrified versions of the Challenger and Charger.

"We don't have the price points of the batteries down to a place where, quite honestly, it's a mainstream proposition," Kuniskis said. "You do see it in the upper end. You see it in the new Ferrari that just came out, you saw it in the LaFerrari before that, you saw it in the 918, you saw it in the NSX. So there's absolutely a performance advantage to it, it's just a question of when the consumer acceptance is going to be for that. And I think it's going to be as soon as the price points come down, it becomes a mainstream viable option."

"I think the absolute future is electrification of these cars,"
WhereTF is all this electricity going to come from?
Who is going to have priority as future brown outs become rampart.
The nursing homes who need air conditioning or the fleet used by Amazon?
This is a crock of ****.

Electric power has unbelievable torque.

We tested electric motorcycles at the Army Test Center. Our Special Forces really, really prefer them on the battlefield because they move so quickly and are silent.

WhereTF is all this electricity going to come from?
Who is going to have priority as future brown outs become rampart.
The nursing homes who need air conditioning or the fleet used by Amazon?
This is a crock of ****.

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but out here in California, there are massive programs from the Southern California Edison company to substantially upgrade the grid and they seem to be planning for this coming increase in sales of electric vehicles a great deal. Yes, we have brown outs from time to time too, so it makes me wonder at times too. And there are relentless reminders to reduce electric consumption too. So I too am not sure where the intersection of reality or fantasy is either, but from all the windmills I am seeing and solar arrays out in the desert increasing in great array, something is really going on. And there is talk of using the spent EV batteries as energy storage devices when the batteries are no longer good enough for vehicle use as load levelers and stored energy supplies too.

All I can say is that there does seem to be at least a lot of activity in this area out here, and EV charging stations are increasing rapidly as well. VW is especially aggressive on installing more charging stations at least in part as a settlement of their diesel-gate scandal.

I guess time will tell. With the entire automobile community on a path to end petroleum fuel use and switch over to EVs, there must be some kind of planning going on. Most of the major automobile companies have stated that their further development of the gasoline/diesel engines has all but stopped, with the exception of Mazda who is still pinning their hopes on their upcoming HCCI (homogeneous charge compression ignition) engine that will utilize high compression and infrequent use of spark plugs to improve their fuel economy and will be introduced in the near future (within the next year I understand as part of their "sky activ" program). These corporations can't be so naive to be pinning their future on a fantasy. I have never seen in my lifetime such pressure on automotive companies to invest in changing the future. Any CEO now has an almost impossible job it seems to me and still have a balance sheet that works.

Last edited:
My take on it is that solar and windmill will not produce enough electricity down the road and the comprise will be nuclear power.

Your Ram towing a trailer in the middle of nowhere runs out of fuel.
Someone can bring you out a can of fuel
Your eRam towing a trailer in the middle of nowhere goes dead.
Someone is going to bring you out a battery??
This is a crock of **** because there's an infinite amount of portability in liquid fuel. You can't run an extension cord out to The Badlands

This is a crock of **** because there's an infinite amount of portability in liquid fuel. You can't run an extension cord out to The Badlands

Solar panels on the roof of Ram's instead of the panoramic sunroofs.

:poke:

I have heard that service trucks will be equipped with battery packs capable of quick charging in such a situation. In some 20 minutes, they can get you 50 - 80 miles of range (without a trailer, less with), much like a portable container of fuel would do. Battery development still has a way to go IMO. But Toyota, which has had a real negative view of battery powered vehicles (and prefers hydrogen as a power source - which has its own issues) has recently changed their minds about battery powered electric vehicles. It came at a time when they stated that early in the late 2020s they plan to have a solid state lithium ion battery technology available in a joint venture with Panasonic.

Toyota and Panasonic to jointly make electric-car batteries, explore solid-state tech (Updated)

akio-toyoda-president-toyota-and-kazuhiro-tsuga-president-panasonic_100637065_l.jpg

Change also offers the opportunity to get out in front with technology development if companys are smart and want to win in the future. The Japanese are good at this, and that is why they do so well. And it is also a reason why we need as a country to make college more affordable - there are too few graduates in the sciences to fill those kinds of needs here in the U.S. Then we fall behind and good jobs become more difficult to find as well and America isn't as great anymore. Thats just how the real world is.............................

Let me relate a recent event that happened to a customer

Said customer was a good friend of one of our salesguys and asked him to find a used Kia SoulEV the completely electric model for running around the small town they lived in. We searched for one and found the only one for sale on the west coast. We had it shipped in and the customer took delivery. A month later he had a problem with the charging system (known issue) and took the car to the biggest Kia Dealer in Calgary. They promptly told the customer they did not have an EV trained tech and couldn’t do the warranty work. The closest Dealer was in BC 700kms away. (The max range on this car is 100km) so Kia shipped the car to Kelowna and the warranty work was completed...however now that it’s fixed they won’t ship it back. Given the range of the car and the distance between charging stations the car can not be driven. The customer is on the hook for shipping it back to Alberta. Kia customer service just hangs up on them. Quite the experience Kia is showing its customers who choose this bullshit technology that can’t be driven to a Dealer for service. Guess they shoulda bought a Hemi....

Back