I pulled the trigger on 2019 Scat Pack Charger

FB_IMG_1561736504085.jpg

Looks goofy

I can't even imagine anyone calling this Hellcat Charger "goofy". How can you like a shapely 1971 Polara with its poised rear haunches and yet call this Charger goofy? The 2020 Hellcat Charger is intimidating in a muscular, low to the ground, yet also somehow restrained kind of a way, much like a preying panther that means business and really is capable of carrying out its mission.

2020-Dodge-Charger-SRT-Hellcat-Widebody-01.jpg

This below, however, is what I call goofy.

Even the choice of size and where to put their bow tie emblem - that also qualifies. Here they have this supposedly intimidating front end and then they include a demure little emblem placed off to the side. The whole thing looks like something a spindly millennial would design to look tough, but comes off rather as a poseur Tonka Toy on steroids. That meaningless "hood scoop" and the weird LEGO looking rear view mirrors just cap off the mess. In other words, a goofy looking vehicle.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
, but comes off rather as a poseur Tonka Toy on steroids
Another great quote from Steve.:thumbsup:

I have to say, thank God my wife and I waited to have children. Had I stayed on schedule I would have one of these useless millennials. I am the scoutmaster of my sons troop and have to deal with boys his age, early to mid- teens. Either they have me fooled or they are more man up than the 25-35 yo I have to deal with at work, and I do not work in a office, I'm talking steel Mills and steel processing plants.

No offense to some members here that I know, there are exceptions. I hate to generalize like that but there seems to be a large percentage of these people in this age group.

Last edited:
I’ll say the Charger pulls off the wide body better than the Challenger aesthetically.

Dodge keeps improving the grill and the hood on the Charger.

The wide body is needed to get the bigger wheels and tires on it or it would look like a clapped out Ford or Chevy pickup with that tires extended past the wheel well look.

Last edited:
Too bad Cadillacs all look like Chevy's now.:poke:

I dunno Chris, as I think the Cadillacs just look weird while the normal "full size" Chevy's actually looked better to me. But then, they don't still make the Impalas anymore, or at least they are soon to be phased out like most other passenger cars these days while some of the passenger car Cadillacs seem to be motoring on......

The Cadillacs just don't look like premium brands at all, just quirky. And their reliability scores contine to be pretty bad. Of the big three, it seems GM is doing the worst job at making quality, good looking vehicles. I thought Mary Barra would do better than this as their chief.

Spotted this on the way home yesterday, and thought of you Bob. The ‘96 woulda eaten it alive, but I just didn’t want to embarrass him like that in broad daylight.... :rolleyes: LOL

I don’t like the white... however it still demands respect going down the road. It is pretty unsuspecting from behind, till you see the badges and front end.

I wanted to play with him a little, and hear it come to life a bit, but unfortunately we were coming right up to a light with traffic. No go..

622FFAE5-49A8-4AE2-854E-1E03375BEBB3.jpeg

Back