I pulled the trigger on 2019 Scat Pack Charger

It's got 100hp more than the Demon Leah piloted. Different heads and other goodies. The Demon still retains most of the factory engine architecture, if not all from the heads down, iirc.

To go from 840 hp to 1400 hp it takes massive mods more than just adding dual turbo's.

Both cars have a lot more than they are telling us about.

To go from 840 hp to 1400 hp it takes massive mods more than just adding dual turbo's.

Both cars have a lot more than they are telling us about.
Yep, no doubt about it. The goal for my new build is to run high eights. Gonna take billet crank and rods to be durable. Also gonna have to go to a TH400 for durability. My buddy who runs high nines in his hellcat has broken two transmissions in not very many passes.

Is there any major differences between the Hellcats and the Demon? Different materials or parts used? I never analyzed either as I probably will never own one. I know about the interior and seat hubbub on the Demon, but that's as far as it goes.

Is there any major differences between the Hellcats and the Demon? Different materials or parts used? I never analyzed either as I probably will never own one. I know about the interior and seat hubbub on the Demon, but that's as far as it goes.

The biggest difference is that the supercharger on the Demon is bigger in compressed volume and that is the major factor going from 707hp to 840hp.

Supercharger displacement, the tune to go with it. Fresh air through the hood instead of inside light. The car she did that in basically has twin turbos in place of the supercharger to create positive manifold pressure. Except for the stupid speedkore carbon fiber body panels it is stock demon. The owner would have done better to leave it a stock steel body and get a slower record number. The body work muddies the water.
The Hellcat is not stock in any respect, maybe some body panels. Liberty 5 speed ( no clutch used on shifts) solid axle rear, and I'm going to guess that the brakes are not as capable as the stock brakes on a Hellcat (lighter, much lighter)

And that is with 275 x 20 tires!

Needs to be a WB to get the 305 x 20 tires.

Supercharger displacement, the tune to go with it. Fresh air through the hood instead of inside light. The car she did that in basically has twin turbos in place of the supercharger to create positive manifold pressure. Except for the stupid speedkore carbon fiber body panels it is stock demon. The owner would have done better to leave it a stock steel body and get a slower record number. The body work muddies the water.
The Hellcat is not stock in any respect, maybe some body panels. Liberty 5 speed ( no clutch used on shifts) solid axle rear, and I'm going to guess that the brakes are not as capable as the stock brakes on a Hellcat (lighter, much lighter)
Yup the AirGrabber on the Demon was one of the factors that played into the big HP, Dodge also said the dual snorkel challengers make 10 more hp in recent models because of the air through the hood.

Yup the AirGrabber on the Demon was one of the factors that played into the big HP, Dodge also said the dual snorkel challengers make 10 more hp in recent models because of the air through the hood.

My 19 Charger Scat Pack has 2 cold air intakes in the grill plus an open air hood scoop.

Wouldn't it be better if they had 1/4 & 1/2 mile times and speeds. For all we know the Tesla could have been waiting for him at the finish line.:rofl:
Maybe the Tesla guy thought it was a 1/4 mile race as usual and he coasted the last half after he spanked him in the quarter.:rofl:

Just bustin your balls Bob, but you gotta admit that video was lame with no time, distance or speed.

A good friend raced a Tesla with his 15 Hellcat Challenger and smoked him only mod was drag radials

Back