I wonder how the new kid feels?

I thought it was a bit harsh, but I agreed with your point, but politely told him how to improve it, not bash him. I like members staying here, not leaving the site.
You cant call me back but you can post on this BS! How dare you!:lol:

I have NO idea what y’all are referring to.

NO! Not to be a schmuck but come on! It's like.
HEY- I got some bolts for sale, $30.
Really? You accept this type of 4 Sale ad's? Fine? Whatever people?
I see! Old Farts that don't like following the rules, but yet will call out those that like a little Professionalism that Joey tried to set a standard for?
Think about it! Nite.

Your responses to what I see as an oversight or ignorance is far, far away from "Professionalism".

To use your example, "HEY- I got some bolts for sale, $30.", you can do a couple things. First and foremost is to realize that is isn't personal. The person posting that is hurting himself much more than they are hurting you. Then you have to realize that you have no control over their actions and what they do or say. It's also not your job to try to police them.

You have some choices. If they are violating forum policy, then you can simply hit the "report" button and @Joeychgo or one of his mods can take care of the problem. He is the one that has set the rules and owns the forum. His word goes.

A second choice is you can diplomatically remind the poster that he has forgotten some details. An example could be as simple as posting "Make, model?" or "Location?" etc. A simple one or two word response to remind the OP that his sale will go better if he includes more details. That usually works.

The third and probably your best choice is to simply ignore the thread completely. Do you really need "some bolts"? Or are you just adding your two cents in some lame attempt to be an unsanctioned moderator. Just look and if you decide you don't need "some bolts" for your car, then go on to the next thread. There's even an "ignore" feature for the thread if it bothers you that much.

Myself, I like to use the third choice unless I have some interest and then I opt for the second choice. It's pretty simple.

Here's some advice from the heart, adopt the mantra of "People don't have to do what I want just because I want them to". Also remember that we are just here to share our love for the big cars. That's all.

I have NO idea what y’all are referring to.
The thread was in the "for sale" section and was a new member selling a Scarebird brake conversion. Some details were missing and some guys asked politely for clarification and some, let's say, weren't as polite.

The end result was the thread has apparently been pulled (I can't find it) and anyone that was interested in buying this conversion (at what looked like a very good price) is now SOL. We probably lost another new member to childish antics.

If this keeps up, the way this will end is comments on "for sale" section will end. I can see it coming.

I hope not, a lot of learning could be missed/lost out on.
And I agree 100%.

It's going to come down to becoming Moparts because a few people just don't understand there is no upside to some of their comments.

You have some choices. If they are violating forum policy, then you can simply hit the "report" button and @Joeychgo or one of his mods can take care of the problem.

This is the best thing to do -- by doing this, we can educate the poster and try to get them to follow the rules, which are there to make the place better for everyone.

with-butterflies-rainbows-and-flowers-vector-974970.jpg

A more accurate representation is that you turned tail being unable to engage in meaningful debate.

Don't flatter yourself. Most of us had you well pegged as suffering terminal TDS incapable of engaging in a consequential discussion.

Too bad you are unable to follow that advice as evidenced by most of your posts on the America thread.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Well thanks for another example of the part of my response that you chose to edit out:

Small, angry, and cruel seem to be a recurring theme throughout.

I appreciate your input.

I left the America thread simply because I was finished with my experiment.

I asked you a direct question twice, you answered a different unasked question twice.

I'll ask you all one last time: What is the point of DJT constantly and consistently lying?

Or do you simply believe everything that he excretes?

FYI, examples of other politicians lying is not an answer.

The current POTUS flat out lies most of the time his lips are moving.

Thank you all for your participation in the America thread.

John

Well thanks for another example of the part of my response that you chose to edit out:
I appreciate your input.

I left the America thread simply because I was finished with my experiment.

I asked you a direct question twice, you answered a different unasked question twice.

I'll ask you all one last time: What is the point of DJT constantly and consistently lying?

Or do you simply believe everything that he excretes?
FYI, examples of other politicians lying is not an answer.

The current POTUS flat out lies most of the time his lips are moving.

Thank you all for your participation in the America thread.

John
WRT to your question:"What is the point of DJT constantly and consistently lying?" again I refer you to my answer to your questions on the 9th of January.

This from Senator Obama in 2006 wrt the Secure Fence Act.

“The bill before us will certainly do some good,” Obama said on the Senate floor in October 2006. He praised the legislation, saying it would provide “better fences and better security along our borders” and would “help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country.”

Obama, Clinton, Schumer and 23 other Democratic senators voted in favor of the act when it passed in the Senate by a vote of 80 to 19.

Aside from the prevailing TDS among Dems and the MSM what has changed in the last 12 years? BTW it may turn out that Trump already has the legal mandate to proceed with the wall.

Even with proving that both Bush and Obama are liars (in writing) clearly you didn't understand (or avoided) my meaning. So let me be clear: all politicians including your king Obama are liars and anyone that doesn't think so is delusional or naive beyond belief. They all lie when they think it is advantageous politically. In that regard I'm no more concerned about Trump than I was about them. What is of most concern is their objectives and their actions. I'm fond of quoting Steve Bannon who has advised to distinguish "the signal from the noise". If you still don't understand then I can't help you except perhaps share the perspective voiced in this concise article.

The Massive Lies Of Past Presidents Make Trump Look Honest

BTW your "experiment" in the America thread went off the rails when you turned tail. If you disagree lets go back and resume the discussion there so you can prove me wrong.

Last edited:
How the hell does politics even find its way into this thread??? Its irrelevant! This thread from my understanding is about people beating on their chest being the all knowing and superior members to someone new just trying to sell some parts. GROW UP!

Back