I wrote a book

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
So guys I spent many years sitting down writing a medieval fantasy book in my spare time and the last couple of months polished it up and formatted it, then bought some artwork and built a cover for it too. I am proud to say i have now self published my very first effort. AT 600 pages long its a big story. If you like the idea of Lord of the Rings mixed in with Game of Thrones then you might wanna check it out. Cheers!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/gerard-bond/angels-blood/paperback/product-21548521.html

Last edited:
Always glad to support someone on this forum - I'll buy one but will expect you to autograph it someday!

Congrats on the publication!

WOW, that is super cool! You a big fan of Tolkien? I've read LOTR and the Silmarillion many times over. I'm also very much interested in and read a lot about the Medieval period of history in Europe. Well, Congratulations!!!

WOW, that is super cool! You a big fan of Tolkien? I've read LOTR and the Silmarillion many times over. I'm also very much interested in and read a lot about the Medieval period of history in Europe. Well, Congratulations!!!

Lord of the Rings is probably my favorite story of all times. I first read it back in the 70's and have also reread several times. Also have it on VHS and DVD's, plus an anamated copy of "The Hobbit" on VHS.
The midieval period were some wild times....!

Ever seen "A knights Story" .....! Great music.

I also love attending renaissance festivals. It's a lot of fun to particapate and I get into costume when I go....

Wollfin .... I'd be interested in a copy of your book.

Sir Will (Large).jpg

Hey yes, i have read a lot of Tolkiens books and Raymond E Feist as well as others, I didnt ever get into dressing up in all that gear , mind you if its for a good cause.....

Oh and yes if anyone buys my book on here, i would be more than glad to to sign it for them.

Lord of the Rings is probably my favorite story of all times. I first read it back in the 70's and have also reread several times. Also have it on VHS and DVD's, plus an anamated copy of "The Hobbit" on VHS.
The midieval period were some wild times....!

Ever seen "A knights Story" .....! Great music.

I also love attending renaissance festivals. It's a lot of fun to particapate and I get into costume when I go....

Wollfin .... I'd be interested in a copy of your book.
Fantastic! Yes, I have the LOTR/Hobbit books as well as the Peter Jackson version of LOTR, and the recent first part of the Hobbit movie both on dvd. I WISH Jackson would make a Silimarillion movie but as you know that is a compilation of stories during the First, Second and Third ages of Middle Earth, a movie would take days to play out! I like the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire...starts in August and ends in October. My sister-in-law goes to it -- religiously --. I don't have a costume or anything like that, I more l like to observe the whole affair to learn how people lived during those times...then actually participate in it...but its ALL cool!! A Knights Story....do you mean to say A Knights Tale Wil? with Heath Ledger? I've seen that, but never "A Knights Story". I agree, the Medieval era was an extremely interesting period; the Norman Invasion, Battle of Hastings, the Bayeux Tapestry, the Glastonbury Tor....all cool stuff! If you google earth "Glastonbury Tor" you can walk right up to it, around it, up and down. Amazing!

Yeah, Me too Wolf.....you just hit a bees nest with this medieval thing,lol.

Has anyone seen the latest hobbit movies? I hear there is going to be a third one too?

Has anyone seen the latest hobbit movies? I hear there is going to be a third one too?
The second one is due to be out anytime now I believe...and there will be a third to wrap it up. That'll be where the dwarves take back Erebore.

yup.........third one to be released dec 2014. between that and the lord of the rings movies i have actually had to go to the theater instead of waiting for dvd releases.

Let's hope they make a movie out of it for ya.........would be right up my alley.

I myself started to write a book back in 2007, got tied up with other stuff so i haven't touched it since mid 2010. Perhaps you will spur me to get on it again.......difficult though as I am not exactly the creative type.

what optimism??????

there is no title, and i have no idea what it should be

That's very impressive Gary, congrats to you! I wish you great success with it.

Back