WANTED Idaho Licence Plate "Elk"

Status
Not open for further replies.
People often buy another car and add to their “fleet” then sell another at a later date . The plates from the car they sold then go on the shelf and are forgotten about . They later buy another car and get new plates forgetting about the plates they already have .
Or like me they buy an old car and get collectors plates .
I have a set of regular “Scenic Idaho” plates I would send you for the cost of shipping .

The U.S. Is complicated by the fact that each state decides how to handle license plates. Sometimes, the plates stay with the car. Sometimes with the owner.

In New York, the plates effectively remain the property of the DMV.

In New York, the plate is issued with the car registration. You keep that plate as long as you own the vehicle, and the registration remains valid, unless the state decides to issue a new design of plates. When that happens, you may be allowed to leave the old plate on the vehicle, or, depending on the political mood at the time, and the state's budgetary needs, you may be forced to change to the new design. Right now, there are 3 basic series of plates that are legal (not counting styles of vanity plates.) If you change then you will be instructed to destroy the old plates. If you do not, and someone uses them illegally, you could be held responsible.
If you sell or otherwise change ownership of the vehicle without purchasing a replacement at the same time, you must surrender the plates to the DMV in order to cancel your insurance and registration on the vehicle.
If you have a replacement vehicle, you may transfer the plates to it, providing the DMV with all the proper paperwork.
There's probably another 40 paragraphs in the law, but these are the basics.
And this is just one state of 50.

Last edited:
The plate from his car went on the next car, if he really wants wants the right plates than he needs Montana plates where the car came from.

I think what the original poster is looking for is a novelty plate, it doesn't have to even be a real plate. There are many places on the internet making them but none that I found have the Idaho Elk plate.
Something like this could be printed at the correct size (6"x12")
024cue.jpg

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back