WANTED Idaho Licence Plate "Elk"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycidias

Reaction score
Contact seller
Helo people out there!

In germany i can buy every licence plate i want, even it is registred in an other state / city. Because its only valid with federal decal on it... But i wasn't able to order an (replica) licence plate from Idaho for my New Yorker. Just to show its roots on car meetings over here in germany.
I've been told, that the tax ist paid on the plate and for this the people keep them when seeling their car.

Can somebody gave me an advise were i can get an (replica) plate? Idaho license plates focus on wildlife Like this "Elk"-style with "024CUE" on it.

Greatings Manuel

Try this site . Idaho Metal License Plate

Or maybe call our State DMV and ask if they can make one .

You could also have one of us here in Idaho order personalized plates . It would be more expensive ($200?) but if you really want them ….

As conservative as the state is I do not see them releasing a tag to someone who is not a resident and not to a car. Their DMV is VERY efficient and on top of things.
Swap meets always have boxes of old plates. Perhaps a Idaho guy can locate one for this member at a swap.

Helo people out there!

In germany i can buy every licence plate i want, even it is registred in an other state / city. Because its only valid with federal decal on it... But i wasn't able to order an (replica) licence plate from Idaho for my New Yorker. Just to show its roots on car meetings over here in germany.
I've been told, that the tax ist paid on the plate and for this the people keep them when seeling their car.

Can somebody gave me an advise were i can get an (replica) plate? Idaho license plates focus on wildlife Like this "Elk"-style with "024CUE" on it.

Greatings Manuel

Give these people a shout. I have purchased three custom plates from them, and they look great:

Custom License Plates | Personalized Vanity Plate | Front Auto Plates

In Idaho the plate is owned by the person, not the car. And a person can move that plate from car to car.

So he wants a specific plate, not just any plate. The government of Idaho won’t make him that plate because there is already one owned by a person.

In Idaho the plate is owned by the person, not the car. And a person can move that plate from car to car.

So he wants a specific plate, not just any plate. The government of Idaho won’t make him that plate because there is already one owned by a person.

However in the case of a vanity plate, if it's not already taken, he can request those numbers and/or letters.
The vehicle NEEDS to be registered in the state.
I'd wager most states are very similar.

However in the case of a vanity plate, if it's not already taken, he can request those numbers and/or letters.
The vehicle NEEDS to be registered in the state.
I'd wager most states are very similar.
Exactly. Which is why it might run upwards of $200

And I agree that the DMV is unlikely to make one just for display . But you never know until you ask .

Exactly. Which is why it might run upwards of $200

And I agree that the DMV is unlikely to make one just for display . But you never know until you ask .

Probably more, he's gotta pay taxes on the car he's gotta buy to get the plates he wants.

Seems to be an difficult thing to get such a plate!
Because it's almost a legal document.
Of course as I said, you can get many old plates from any state off the net or at a swap.
I still have my Idaho Sawtooth vanity tags on a shelf somewhere.

Helo people out there!

Greatings Manuel

Are you simply looking for an Idaho plate of any form? Seems like folks are thinking you want a specific or vanity plate. I didn't read it that way. The elk plates have only been around for around a decade, so may not be the most applicable. Vintage plates were plain and simple. I personally am not a fan of these new "busy" graphic plates.

The original poster either…
A. Likes the Elk plates although to new for the car.
B. Has a picture of his car with those plates on it, hence the specific I’d.
C. ???

Personally I’d just get some used plates of the right year off eBay.

Alan

Last edited:
Maybe it's B) ;).

I didn't though that it is such a big issue. Even a replica plastic plate would do it.

The car is running with german historic licence plates. But just to show parts of its origin i would like to display the (only) known former US plates, when it is parking.

IMG_3773.jpeg

Chances are the guy you bought it from still has those plates on a shelf . I have several sets of old plates .

Must be with the computer that has all the Polara 'vert info? :poke:

I realize the jest but no. The tags are in the garage. The computer is in a box, in a closet with little hope of getting out.

I realize the jest but (the) computer is in a box, in a closet with little hope of getting out.
Not jest, prodding. "Little hope"? That can't be.

Helo people out there!

Greatings Manuel
It would be tough to get an ELK plate in Idaho, you would have to get in line with all the hunting community wanting one also. I am sure in the farming community the POTATO plate is long gone also.

Gooden Tag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back