Idler arm needed for Big Red 72 Imperial any thoughts or resources?

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
She was in the shop for another 2 days of work...alot done.
2017-09-15 17.57.57.jpg
Guess the idler arm is pretty loose on Big Red...any thoughts on getting this part from anyone in the US?

Moog still makes this part. Is the rubber bushing all that is bad? If so Moog should still have the replacement bushing. Note: your front end shop should already know this. Moog part number for the bushing is K7046

Dave

Moog still makes this part. Is the rubber bushing all that is bad? If so Moog should still have the replacement bushing. Note: your front end shop should already know this. Moog part number for the bushing is K7046

Dave
Thanks I'll look it up ...and check if just bushings...not sure...might need whole piece.

If it's the same part number for a formal you won't like it. It has flat washers that go on both sides of the arm where the bolt goes through and doesn't fit worth a damn. Look up the oem part number and check partsvoice.com

Always use Moog parts. Many of them are still manufactured in the states. No problem with any of them on my rebuild last spring

The bushings on Ebay for 20 bucks...wonder if the fix can be that simple...that would be great...I thought I might need complete arm like below which appears to be part of full kit for about $400.00.
idler arm.jpg
bushing kit.jpg

can confirm. have repo idler arm with those 2 washers ^^. didnt fit for crap, but finally installed after much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The bushings on Ebay for 20 bucks...wonder if the fix can be that simple...that would be great...I thought I might need complete arm like below which appears to be part of full kit for about $400.00.View attachment 143329 View attachment 143328

That is a pitman arm you have a pic of there.

The idler arm is the similar looking one above it in the kit picture.

Kevin

That is a pitman arm you have a pic of there.

The idler arm is the similar looking one above it in the kit picture.

Kevin
I might have a good source from another thread: Rare Parts Inc ...have an email out to them see if they have the whole idler arm available.

If I didn't have to follow your 87 posts, I'd get more done on my cars. :poke::poke::poke:

Love seeing your car, keep the tips and baby moons, just til Mopars in the Park next year, then change them.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back