I'm back with a new ride - 65 Fury - Need help/pics w/interior and trim

Yes, Yatzee, please find out on those clips, I've not found them anywhere.

On your console top - that is typically a 65 Chrysler console top with vacuum gauge, and the rear-seat cig lighter is for Chrysler also. The rest of the console is same as use in other 65s (except for the full-length 65 Monaco 500). The black trim in the center of the console lid is typically chrome, except on a Chrysler 300L, where it is color-matched to the vinyl, and with a 300L emblem there. I don't see that emblem in the picture, so maybe it is a standard 65 300 console? But I may not know all the differences between a stand 300 console and a 300L console.

I got most of the clips etc here. I did have to send a strange shaped broken one to them and they matched it perfectly. If they don't have them listed it doesn't mean they can't supply them.

521 Restorations - All Models -> Fasteners -> Exterior Trim Clips

These people are excellent to deal with as well:

HooverAutoParts.com - Clips and Fasteners - Trim Retainers, Body Fasteners, Misc. Clips and Retainers

It's really surprising how many years and models of cars used the same fasteners even in different applications for trim and the like. If you contact them, ask about their weather stripping products. Below is where mine came from and they were "top drawer" for fit and quailty. These people are undoubtably the absolute best for weather stripping but get your walet toped up cause their not offshore and their not the cheapest. You get what you pay for. Their "mass-backed carpet" is to die for when it comes to quality and fit. No sound deadner needed with this product.

New Plymouth Fury Weatherstripping

Last edited:
I think I've seen that site before, need to contact them with a picture and some measurements for them to do an x-ref. There's a clip on there that looks similar, but measurements are critical, of course.

Thanks!!!

I think I've seen that site before, need to contact them with a picture and some measurements for them to do an x-ref. There's a clip on there that looks similar, but measurements are critical, of course.

Thanks!!!
If you're refering to the trim ones on the top of the front door and rear quarter panel, yes they are specific in both shape and type of material because you mount the retainers first then snap the trim over them. You'll have to use "low tack" masking tape to protect the paint when the trim goes back on and then slip it out from under the outer edge of the trim, once it's on. Allow the tape to only go about 1/32 under the edge where the trim snaps on, on the outside only. Do not try to slide the trim on.

Yep, agreed on all that. Thanks for the tip on the tape, I probably would've made a scratch before I thought of that.

Back