I'm beginning to really hate winter.

Big_John

Illegitimi non carborundum
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score

I had moved the truck and didn't realize that it was glare ice where it had sat. I caught my foot under the handle and it took me a little to get it free... Then it was so slippery that I had to crawl over to the snow to get enough traction to stand and even then it wasn't easy.

Old bones are gonna be sore tomorrow!

That fall would set me back a week. I wear these ice fishing really takes the stress off the lower back. . Ice cleats for boots, $15 Amazon.

51FaDgXheVL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

That fall would set me back a week. I wear these ice fishing really takes the stress off the lower back. . Ice cleats for boots, $15 Amazon.

View attachment 516264
I used to wear something like those. They had wound steel coils that stretched across the sole of my boots. I stopped wearing them after a couple near falls on the concrete in my garage. Those look like plastic, so they might be bad to walk on concrete. I'll look into them! Thanks!

I have the cleats, but would never think to put them on for a walk on driveway.

John, that hurt, just watching the video! At our age, most of the rubber is gone in our bodies! Hope you don't suffer too much or for long!
On a side note, I spent the last two weeks in Yellowknife and was surprised to see folk using leaf blowers to clear snow from driveways and walks. Since it is colder there the snow tends to be light and easily blown. Just found it interesting. Lindsay

Damn John, that sucks. Glad you're OK though. Doing anything outside this time of the year could be dangerous. I mean, just yesterday I was doing yard work and had to stop and put on a cowboy hat so I wouldn't get sunburned. :lol:

That sucks, but glad you didn't get seriously hurt.

View attachment 516264
I knew a older gentleman that wore something like those in the winter, when he brought his car in for service he would always walk home. About 6-8 blocks from the shop, always walked home and back what ever the weather.

Glad it wasn’t worse! Take the day off today pal!

I had moved the truck and didn't realize that it was glare ice where it had sat. I caught my foot under the handle and it took me a little to get it free... Then it was so slippery that I had to crawl over to the snow to get enough traction to stand and even then it wasn't easy.

Old bones are gonna be sore tomorrow!

Dayum, John! You need people. . . Glad you weren't hurt.

Yep, sore today... My neck is the worst. I had surgery fusing C5-C7 with some titanium brackets and screws and I think I got all that aggravated a little.

Some of my usual pain meds and I'm OK though.

There's a place called "deep south" Where that stuff just doesn't happen. LOL
I know..... I came here from Michigan, long ago. (It's better in the South).

There's a place called "deep south" Where that stuff just doesn't happen. LOL
I know..... I came here from Michigan, long ago. (It's better in the South).
23 years in NY and 42 years in AZ. It's better in AZ too! Even in the summer. (No mosquito's)

Damn John, that looked nasty. Just what you don't need with everything else going on. How have you been doing lately?

Back