I'm in the doghouse:

bulldogchesty

Reaction score
I f'd up big time Saturday. I tried to slide our china cabinet away from the wall. You guessed it, the top part fell over and broke most of my wives old and sentimental glasses and dishes. She wasn't really upset with me, just about losing her items. Needless to say, I was very upset with myself. Sunday I was gluing stuff back together. Damit.:eek:ops:

Yeah we have an old old hutch with some of the same type of stuff in it and it makes me nervous to move it even if there is nothing in it. Sorry for the luck brother. I've been there before!

Jeez. Feeling bad for ya. Sh/t happens yes, but you sure don't want it to be happening to your wife's family heirloom. I assume you have lots if glue.

She's now allowed to go on a spending spree and it's all coming out of the "car stuff" fund.
And you can't say a word. :-(

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Chesty I'm sure they mean a lot to your wife .. but you mean more :)

[video=youtube_share;9OUrZv5pwus]http://youtu.be/9OUrZv5pwus?t=10s[/video]

Similar thing happened to me a dozen or more years ago. Young cat jumped up on top of a similar piece of furniture containing all sorts of old crystal and glass. When he jumped off the reaction caused it to topple over and an avalanche of glass hit the dining room floor. Luckily the cat was unhurt.

I had a couple of large boxes of broken glass to shovel and vacuum up. Best thing that could have ever happened actually. Stuff never got used and was just taking up space and collecting dust. Don't miss any of it.

Back