I'm not a flipper

Tink

Reaction score
I have been reading and reading and reading here for a few weeks now. I want to ensure the senior members here that I am not a flipper or used car dealer. I can see from some of the posts I have read that they aren't really welcome here. I usually give a car away to a family member or scrap it if it too far gone. I usually trade in a late model vehicle as I hate dealing with selling a car. I'm in the candle making business, not the auto industry. I have always worked on my own vehicles but lack a few skills, mostly electrical issues. I have rebuilt my own engines. I have painted a few cars and trucks. BTW, have I mentioned that I am not a flipper?

I think the bigger sin is to be a flipper but pose as otherwise. Be up front about things.

Glenn

I have been reading and reading and reading here for a few weeks now. I want to ensure the senior members here that I am not a flipper or used car dealer. I can see from some of the posts I have read that they aren't really welcome here. I usually give a car away to a family member or scrap it if it too far gone. I usually trade in a late model vehicle as I hate dealing with selling a car. I'm in the candle making business, not the auto industry. I have always worked on my own vehicles but lack a few skills, mostly electrical issues. I have rebuilt my own engines. I have painted a few cars and trucks. BTW, have I mentioned that I am not a flipper?

Married_With_Children_You_Gotta_Know_When_To_Fold_Em_al.JPG

hand-playing-poker-008.jpg

Flippers are people too....soulless money driven Scum but still people lol, I didn't know people thought u were a flipper you seemed alright by me.

Welcome aboard! Don't worry..... I think folks just don't like people who pretend to be something they aren't (e.g. We've all heard the same line, "... I just bought my dream car and now a new opportunity has come up forcing me to sell my beloved MOPAR. My loss is your gain....")

so you should be good.

I don't care if you flip cars. it is a fact of car life! I used to do that in an earlier life and prospered nicely when I needed the money. I always treated the buyers fairly and told them up front that I had bought the car to clean up and sell. No hidden agendas ans would tell them all the good things I had done to the car to improve it. It was a good way to make honest money to put clothes on my back and take care of my family. In fact flipping cars can be a very good & fun way to make a living done honestly! :) If members here feel the need to bash another member because they flip cars then they are the ones with the problem not you.

Tom, I agree with you upto the point of if members feel the need to bash one another... We're back to the chicken, and the egg mentality. If said members would simply be honest we still may not agree with there choices, or there total uncaring c body nature... The flippers simply see a vehicle as an asset and nothing more. They couldn't care less about it. The only thing they care about is the bottom line... We've had a few come through here lately with this grand story of how they've found the car of there dreams, and ask us how to fix it up only to try and sell it here in front of us.

I don't care if you flip cars. it is a fact of car life! I used to do that in an earlier life and prospered nicely when I needed the money.
I always treated the buyers fairly and told them up front that I had bought the car to clean up and sell.
No hidden agendas and would tell them all the good things I had done to the car to improve it.
It was a good way to make honest money to put clothes on my back and take care of my family.
In fact flipping cars can be a very good & fun way to make a living done honestly! :)

If members here feel the need to bash another member because they flip cars then they are the ones with the problem not you.

Let the bashing begin....:laughing4:

Don't come here schmoozing and trying to fit in by using Mecum buzzwords for three posts and then telling us in post #4 how it breaks your heart to....
If you are a car dealer, SAY SO, describe what the car is and don't used 3 adjectives in front of every noun...:soapbox:

Rare...
The very desireable,
Legendary 440
The finest
Posi
Impossible to find
One owner
Shifts as it should (wtf does that mean.)
Custom duel exhausts
Custom anything
Barett-Jackson
Appraised

Tom, I agree with you upto the point of if members feel the need to bash one another... We're back to the chicken, and the egg mentality. If said members would simply be honest we still may not agree with there choices, or there total uncaring c body nature... The flippers simply see a vehicle as an asset and nothing more. They couldn't care less about it. The only thing they care about is the bottom line... We've had a few come through here lately with this grand story of how they've found the car of there dreams, and ask us how to fix it up only to try and sell it here in front of us.

I can understand your comment here.

If I was a flipper, I would not come onto this or any other forum bragging on how I just scooped up a great deal and then sell on the same forums at a hugely inflated asking price.

With the world of the internet, it is pretty hard to hide from us know that we are watching almost 24/7 for deals and finding what is for sale then recognising the car from an earlier sale.

But I think we need to recognise this as well that if a member new or not, bought a car at a great price then invested time n' money and then sticks it on the auction blocks for an increased amount then they are entitled to raise the price right?.

Another problem with a lot of internet "reply to a thread they don't agree with" posters is that the internal filters have all been shut off or broken all together. :)

This causes a lot of issues and hurt feelings all around.

Having voiced my thoughts on this, I now will lurk back into the darkness to continue to work on my latest flip!!!
My 1/4lb burgers on the grille!LOL!!

Ok there's the big difference... 1 the ones we take issues with are these moonlight flippers that bought the car on Monday, and it's for sale at 3 times it's value on Saturday after they've spent 15.98 on krylon, 8.99 on car wash soap, a bucket, and payed all there friends to spit shine it at a 75 dollar expense. 2 the used car dealers that come on here as individuals acting as though they've never seen a nicer car in there life, and there isn't one better in the world... 3 is the guy who bought a decent car fixed it up as time and money allows and is selling it to get something else, or change gears he's spent countless dollars, and hours on it, it obvious it's worth more than he payed. And the biggest clue to us is he's owned it more than 6 months. So what we have here is a bona-fide flipper, a bona-fide used car salesman huckster, and a hard working guy that enjoys fixing these cars up, and making a little money.

If I was a flipper, I would not come onto this or any other forum bragging on how I just scooped up a great deal and then sell on the same forums at a hugely inflated asking price.

With the world of the internet, it is pretty hard to hide from us know that we are watching almost 24/7 for deals and finding what is for sale then recognising the car from an earlier sale.

But I think we need to recognise this as well that if a member new or not, bought a car at a great price then invested time n' money and then sticks it on the auction blocks for an increased amount then they are entitled to raise the price right?.

Another problem with a lot of internet "reply to a thread they don't agree with" posters is that the internal filters have all been shut off or broken all together. :)

Having voiced my thoughts on this, I now will lurk back into the darkness to continue to work on my latest flip!!!

I'm glad we can discuss this openly! thanks!

And the burger tasted great!

Don't come here schmoozing and trying to fit in by using Mecum buzzwords for three posts and then telling us in post #4 how it breaks your heart to....
If you are a car dealer, SAY SO, describe what the car is and don't used 3 adjectives in front of every noun...:soapbox:

Rare...
The very desireable,
Legendary 440
The finest
Posi
Impossible to find
One owner
Shifts as it should (wtf does that mean.)
Custom duel exhausts
Custom anything
Barett-Jackson
Appraised

You forgot the classic name drop, "Galen Govier".

Generally I have no issue with flippers if they are looking for a decent margin and selling at close to the market price. What pushes my buttons are sellers that use phony platitudes to describe their once in a life time rare as hens teeth investment opportunity with an astronomical asking price. Their whole attitude is there is one born every minute. I've been kicked off of boards for taking issue with jackasses like those.

I agree with everyone here on the "deception" precept. I just wanted to remove any doubts from my intentions with my cars research I am conducting. The car is new to me but not to some senior members as I discovered with a forum search. Not intimate knowledge to be clear but for sale knowledge. These are old cars and I find it useful to learn as much as possible. From an old forum thread, I found a craigslist ad posted here. I called that number and found out the ad poster was the same individual that sold us the car on e-bay. I was able to find out that the original color of my car was charcoal. I have to look up that code. I love this forum. Great information here.

The old guys get a little pissy when people flip cars. I have no idea why....

Back