I'm speechless! What do you call this?

That car was in Minnesota at Mopars in the Park last weekend.
I have interest in this... no I don't like that it was done to that car, but the camper has a too clean look and has details of an older unit. I'm curious if you got any background information?

Yes Peter and I saw this one last weekend at Mopars in the park in Minnesota . I remember seeing others as a kid and it was a manufactured unit. It had a gas stove, Ice box , sink plus a closet and large bed! It fit the contours of the 59 well which was pretty rough but they were using it for it intended purpose! We had a great time if a little warm, 90s , with lots of cool Mopars every were!

DSCN2026.JPG

DSCN2025.JPG

DSCN2060.JPG

DSCN2071.JPG

DSCN2086.JPG

DSCN2087.JPG

DSCN2083.JPG

DSCN2046.JPG

DSCN2081.JPG

DSCN2048.JPG

The camper unit could be used on many makes of cars not just 59 Plymouths! The Mexacano one of 200 built in Australia, that 63 was totaled on its maiden voyage and he rebuilt it again and yes it has a hemi. one wild 61 Plymouth, a injected blown 60 Dart slant six, two sport top and one formal top 70 Sport Furys and one 72 Imp coupe!

You know what? I don't hate it. I like the idea that somebody is out enjoying the outdoors with a cool car, and it doesn't appear hacked up.

I actually take more issue with the new Hemi in the '63.

This one is for years in the Netherlands , i have also seen a 69 coronet with a kind of campertop years ago here.

This one is for years in the Netherlands , i have also seen a 69 coronet with a kind of campertop years ago here.

Mmm I like it.. I think. An awful lot of work Went into it though, the fit and finish, way back when, looks better then I would have imagined..

I can appreciate the RV conversions in the context of when they were done... a cheap used car turn into a motor home would have appealed to some folks. If used and loved, I have nothing bad to say about them.

Thanks for posting, I also enjoyed the next one up Unofficial history of odd ball motor homes and campers!

Back