Imperial window motor

I checked ebay for 4339433 and a couple could be purchased for around $100.00, is that the ones you are looking at?, I'm not paying $169., but then my 3 others still need to have the motors rebuilt , I'm not sure this is the direction I should take? Mike

I would concentrate my search for complete, used later motors. I bought a whole set off Craigslist 4 years ago from a '76 New Yorker for less than a hundred bucks. It would be worth trying one that Big John posted too.

And just what is wrong with using the Cardone motors, pray tell?? It's one of the few things Cardone rebuilds very nicely.
Just don't order them from RockAuto.

And just what is wrong with using the Cardone motors, pray tell?? It's one of the few things Cardone rebuilds very nicely.
Just don't order them from RockAuto.
The ones I listed were new ones, but if they rebuild the old ones well, I guess that would work too.

Any advantage to using the older motors? The new ones look like the motor that's in every car now.

Amazon.com: Cardone 42-43 Remanufactured Domestic Window Lift Motor: Automotive

Amazon.com: Cardone 42-44 Remanufactured Domestic Window Lift Motor: Automotive

The three mounting holes on the new units are different than the older units. Can't use them.
AMHIK

So you should get an 82-43 instead of an 82-43??

You are really confusing me.
Of course you are confused.
We replying at the same time so I was going back and deleting or editing and then my deletes and edits were at the same time asyour replies so no wonder... :lol:

Forget EVERYTHING I said.
:rofl:

Eating-Popcorn-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-3.gif

Just make sure you do the Mr. C mod on the gear pucks.

You only want to do each door once!

Well lookie here, there are 2 types of gear assemblies but I believe they will both fit all the motors. I think the early ones are the top pic and are junk while the bottom pic is a Motor from '76 with the rebuildable gear assembly, what year they changed I don't know. So we need to come up with some later gear assemblies for your motors as long as they're still good electrically. I may have one extra at most or maybe the later gear assemblies are available, I may have a box with a part number on it we could use to search for replacements. I'll check tomorrow.
View attachment 121161 View attachment 121162

There actually was a third version and probably the best design of them all. With springs which can't fail like the pucks or even the rubber. But hard to find i guess...

I don't know when they changed the design. My '69 had the springs in the front and pucks in the back (or the other way around)...
05.JPG

Just make sure you do the Mr. C mod on the gear pucks.

You only want to do each door once!
I'm still not a fan of the steel nut mothod. There was a reason the pucks were the weakest point. If you change to steel nuts, the gear itself will be the weakest point and that's not good because every end stop goes directly into the gear itself.

I'm still not a fan of the steel nut mothod. There was a reason the pucks were the weakest point. If you change to steel nuts, the gear itself will be the weakest point and that's not good because every end stop goes directly into the gear itself.
I agree with this 100%. I also believe the "pucks" are in there as a safety device. I was a kid once... LOL.

You can buy enough delrin "pucks" for a few bucks to do all the windows. The delrin isn't going to break down like the original plastic is. I can't see a reason to use the nuts.

(12) Dodge Plymouth Chrysler Power Window Motor Gear Delrin REBUILD Bushing Kit | eBay

I just ordered a set of those for a rainy day project.

I had the need to rebuild a motor on my former 1978 Lincoln Continental Mk V Pucci and that motor had three triangular plastic pieces which were replaced with urethane ones. My mechanic said the idea was that if the motor was over stressed the plastic pieces broke, preventing the motor from burning out, preserving the motor in any case.

Before purchasing new ones you could try stripping, cleaning and rebuilding yours, then again the Cardone ones may save time and hassle.

It's just that considering how old our cars are, things need rebuilding, gee mine (73) is 44 - amazing it lasted so long in great condition. Going to get some Steppenwolf (Easy Rider Theme) and cruise the Wisconsin freeways in October/Nov.

Well...that's the last time I post a "how to" to help...
Don't take that it that way. You started us looking at repairing the window motors. Every method that you start with can always be improved on. You could not buy the delrin pucks at the time so your repair is good. But since you now can buy them, why not?

I've mentioned these before on your thread. It's nothing against you or your fix, I just feel that there is a better alternative now AND after reading more about it, I feel that it might be safer.

I apologize if I stepped on your toes, it was not intentional.

Back