Imperial window motor

GOLDMYN

Reaction score
I can anyone tell me what year and application this power window motor might be from. It was just taken out of my 67 Imperial and I was expecting to see the design that had the "pucks" design

IMG_0914.JPG

IMG_0915.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

Those are the correct motors for the car, the same ones featured in the thread that Doba posted the link to.

I must be missing something. these three pix show the rubber top with the small gear at the top seared in half, where the illustration in the repair instructions shows a rubber gear not metal piece. not rubber? For the sake of unstanding, do I replace the missing pucks under the seared piece and then try and find an undamaged gear?
IMG_0914.JPG

Almost looks like someone attempted another type of repair by eliminating the pucks altogether, and replacing it with a flexible rubber and gear combo.

yes, That's my assumption, There is NO way this is the assembly described in the article for repairing the puck. I'm guessing, like you, some attempt to modify the assembly.

Are all your motors like that? You may have to source originals and then do the repair as described, or attempt to glue the pieces you have together, perhaps with rivets as reinforcement. However this fix was done, it obviously didn't last long, and I would be wary of using the same method.

yeah, I had the same thoughts. We are in the process of taking the other windows apart to see what's there and perhaps if original, use those to get the front windows working and disable the rears until I can source the correct assemblies. but thanks for your time

Well lookie here, there are 2 types of gear assemblies but I believe they will both fit all the motors. I think the early ones are the top pic and are junk while the bottom pic is a Motor from '76 with the rebuildable gear assembly, what year they changed I don't know. So we need to come up with some later gear assemblies for your motors as long as they're still good electrically. I may have one extra at most or maybe the later gear assemblies are available, I may have a box with a part number on it we could use to search for replacements. I'll check tomorrow.
IMG_2572.JPG
IMG_2573.JPG

Those links didn't work for me or at least they just led to a blank search page.

All Formal's had the later motors with the puck's.

All the original motors that I found in Formal's had yellow printed Bosch made in America on the original motors.

I think 1969 or somewhere close to that the puck's were mandated for safety.

I'm sure someone here has the Fed mandated info on this.

I bet those would work.

well Matt, seems as though my problem is bigger than I thought. We didn't take all the windows apart (big job) and I'd like to drive the car this year. LOL It would seem logical to assume that all my windows have the non-repairable design. To add to the problem, it seem that 3 of my motors don't work and the one motor that does work is the one with the lift gear seared in half. It would seem reasonable to me that I need to purchase 4 motors with the "puck" design, have them modified with the metal nuts and if necessary have the motors rebuilt so that I have 4 complete recondition/rebuilt assemblies to reinstall. mike

Mopar part number 4339433. Not cheap though, I found a few ranging from about $100 to $170 with a quick search.

Back