Inner Fender interchangeability

rv2

Reaction score
My driver side inner fender is rusty on the 73 T&C
Are 69-73 inners the same? What other Fuselage cars will interchange?

I believe there is a slight difference over the years where the splash shields attach. If I am not mistaken the difference is from isolated stub frames vs solid mount.

I installed a left side inner fender from a 1970 Fury on a 1973 Dodge Monaco. It does fit. The splash yields are different, as Wyatt pointed out. Also, it has less fastener attachment points below the top of the front fender. The 1970 inner fender had bolt holes for the outside of the front subframe. I had to drill those and use sheet-metal bolts. From my experience, I'd advise 1971 to 1973 inner fender because they match isolated front subframe c-body cars, although 1969 and 1970 can be made to work.

Dodge and Chrysler owners would need to confirm this, but I believe 1970 Dodge and Chrysler C – body inner fenders are also isolated subframe. No 1969 C – body is isolated subframe.

Convertible inners are unique, but other than that you’re good to go ‘69-’73.
I owned a 70 Fury Convertible and a 1970 Fury Formal HT.
I never noticed a difference in the inner fenders.
What makes the convertible inner fender unique? Thanks

Off the top of my head I can’t remember exactly. I’ll post some side by side pics when I get home. It has to do with the isolated vs non isolated stub frame.

Convertible inners are unique, but other than that you’re good to go ‘69-’73.

What makes the convertible inner fender unique?
The convertible inner fenders are made for the non-isolated frame they used on the '70 vert. I believe they were also used on station wagons as they had a non-isolated frame too.
They should be the same as a non-isolated frame '69.

Here is a side by side pic. Top inner is from a ‘73 coupe, bottom is a ‘70 vert. Notice how the lower edge fits differently between the two.

IMG_9384.jpeg
IMG_9383.jpeg

Looks to me like you could easily make a '73 from the earlier, "non-isolated" inner fender, but not the other way around.
There was another issue with the drivers side and the battery tray, I can’t remember what it was. But yes, I think you could easily cut the extra metal away, but why ruin a unique ’vert part when there are plenty of coupe and 4 door pieces available?

i don't know that it is unique to the 'vert. i bolted '69 'yorker parts to my 'vert. are they unique to only all '69s plus just 'vert in '70 '? i still have an extra set. i'll have to see what they are.
Plus station wagons.

but why ruin a unique ’vert part when there are plenty of coupe and 4 door pieces available?
Point taken, however, I don't think it's unique to the convertible. All the '69s would have it along with later wagons.

I double checked this with the '69 and '70/71 parts manuals.

Here is a side by side pic. Top inner is from a ‘73 coupe, bottom is a ‘70 vert. Notice how the lower edge fits differently between the two.

View attachment 607257View attachment 607258
I think this shows the difference between a non-isolated subframe inner fender and an isolated subframe inner fender. I still don't think that there's anything unique about a convertible inner fender. I think the non-isolated subframe 1970 convertible inner fender fits all 1969 C – body, all 1970 convertible, and all 1970 Plymouth because Plymouth did not switch to the isolated subframe until 1971.

Nice job with the clean and paint, BTW!

Back