INSTALLING NOS DOOR WEATHERSTRIP

polarus

Reaction score
Any trick to get those little white clips in place? Takin me forever to get these installed. Having a little Arther-ites in the hans aint helpin.

I bought one NOS weather strip. Never again...! It was expensive and although still in it's original Mopar packaging, it had shrunk to the point that it had to be cut to install. I swapped the original clips but had to stretch the seal to align the holes. It never did fit right.
Your better off finding a generic aftermarket weatherstrip and glue it in place. JMHO.

How about some pics??

I gotta do mine before I re-upholster my seat...
so I need to figure this out too.

I bought one NOS weather strip. Never again...! It was expensive and although still in it's original Mopar packaging, it had shrunk to the point that it had to be cut to install. I swapped the original clips but had to stretch the seal to align the holes. It never did fit right.
Your better off finding a generic aftermarket weatherstrip and glue it in place. JMHO.
You may be right, I have all four nos. The rear doors were tough but doable, the left front no way and the right front is a 50/50 at best.

If you don't mind me jumping in, if the clips are missing or too much of a pain, is it ok to just glue it in?

The glue won't hold the NOS one's in place, these things have been rolled up in a box for forty some odd years. I wish my original ones were in better shape.

Back