Installing rear quarter panel extension

Cags70PolaraConvert

Reaction score
Is there any type of adhesive\caulk\silicone that should used between the quarter panel extension and the actual quarter panel of the car or just simply bolt is on? The extension that I received seem to have some type of caulk residue on it. Thanks for your input.

Is there any type of adhesive\caulk\silicone that should used between the quarter panel extension and the actual quarter panel of the car or just simply bolt is on? The extension that I received seem to have some type of caulk residue on it. Thanks for your input.
Since you have residue I am assuming they are recycled parts. In most cases there was a caulk or seam sealer used between the body and the extension. There are gaskets for B bodies available but you will probably have to go the seam sealer route as I am not aware of anyone who makes a gasket for a C body, although someone else here may have a source.

extension gasket.jpg

Back