Instrument voltage regulator on the fritz?

Just to bring this back to life.. I bought a VRC601 to put into the Fury when I got around to it.. Now that I am into the dash again I have found that the Fury ("and VIP" as the manuals group them) actually has what looks like the 71-74 Style VR. Every parts reference I see from the like of Summit, Rockauto etc point me to he VRC601. Does anybody know what the part number is for the correct piece by chance?

67FuryIVR.jpg

Just to bring this back to life.. I bought a VRC601 to put into the Fury when I got around to it.. Now that I am into the dash again I have found that the Fury ("and VIP" as the manuals group them) actually has what looks like the 71-74 Style VR. Every parts reference I see from the like of Summit, Rockauto etc point me to he VRC601. Does anybody know what the part number is for the correct piece by chance?

View attachment 405211
What year Fury?

OK, I looked in the parts manual and came up with #2209216 as the correct part number for your car. Looks like this:
s-l1600.jpg

and that looks like what is in your car.

The VCR604 is a 6 volt version, used on Fords. All your Chrysler products are going to be 5 volt.

What we need to do is cross the OE # to an aftermarket version.

That would be the unit it appears. Thank you for the snappy mopar reference #

Looks now like I'm going to cop one of RTE's limiters soon, having obtained an instrument panel that MAY have all gauges in working order. Am going to test those soon. Even if the old limiter still works, I'll put a modern solid state one in, and LEDs for all the 158 bulbs. THAT should make a very long lived arrangement.

Looks now like I'm going to cop one of RTE's limiters soon, having obtained an instrument panel that MAY have all gauges in working order. Am going to test those soon. Even if the old limiter still works, I'll put a modern solid state one in, and LEDs for all the 158 bulbs. THAT should make a very long lived arrangement.
Not unreasonable, RTE already shipped my unit from this afternoon's order! Anybody want an VRC601 ?? I did replace my over dash lights with LEDs but found they did not dim, some sort of threshold voltage required on them apparently. I should have checked the specs more closely.

Not unreasonable, RTE already shipped my unit from this afternoon's order! Anybody want an VRC601 ?? I did replace my over dash lights with LEDs but found they did not dim, some sort of threshold voltage required on them apparently. I should have checked the specs more closely.

I might want it. Handy for "smoke tests" if naught else.

The RTE electronic limiter is rock solid reliable.
At first the gauges are slow to come up but remain accurate..
If there is a voltage spike in the system the limiter cuts power to the gauges tempoarily to avoid damage.

Back