Interchangability

GooBak

Reaction score
Obviously, the aftermarket support for c-bodies is (very) limited, so heres my question. What parts, besides motor, trans, and 3rd member, are interchangeable between c-bodies and other Mopars? I was thinking of stuff like exhaust kits (maybe with extra sections of pipe?), headers, radiators, front suspension components (ball joints?), gas tanks, that kind of stuff. In my mind, B-bodies seem close, and maybe some E-body stuff too? This is pure bench racing, of course. I'm just curious, as always.

I believe 65 consoles were the same as the like year B bodies. My 65 vent window frames have the same part number as a 67/68 imperial.

Exhaust clamps.
Air cleaner housing wing nut.
Bulbs.
Trim and panel fasteners and some interior trim like arm rest pads.
Windshield washer hose "T" fitting.
Gas cap....

In other words, almost nothing.

What about the front disks for 69 ( and before ) imperials ? I can't find them anywhere. i read on another forum that there was some refabrication but there must be a minimum of 50 pieces.
And the Budd calipers... are they the same as others imperials ( 68/67 ? ) ou mopars ?

Radiators will swap out, as well. Depending on the mounts, you MIGHT have to swap the mounts from the old to the new.

The console base in my 70 300 is identical to a b body. The top is different.

So the c-bodies don't share much with anything? It seems like it would essentially be a stretched b-body, like the GM D-body is a stretched a stretched G-body, but I guess Ma Mopar did things differently

Bucket seats and consoles interchange - '66 - '70 "B" and "C" swap straight-up. So do the auto console and standard shifters. Interior trim is the same, or at least will swap out, insofar as window cranks, certain armrests, some radios and rearview mirrors go.

You just have to look at the parts involved that you are interested in and look for yourself.

There is NO comprehensive list anywhere of interchangeabilty, unless you find a Hollander's interchange manual at a scrapyard (or buy your own) and go that route.

What you're asking is more accurately akin to GM B-bodies and GM A-bodies.
Other than what was mentioned for Moparts, that's about it also.

Posted via Topify on Android

Even with the Mopar, there is little to no interchangeable parts between the different bodies other than B & E as an E-Body is basicaly a shortened B-Body

Alan

Bucket seats and consoles interchange - '66 - '70 "B" and "C" swap straight-up. So do the auto console and standard shifters. Interior trim is the same, or at least will swap out, insofar as window cranks, certain armrests, some radios and rearview mirrors go.

You just have to look at the parts involved that you are interested in and look for yourself.

There is NO comprehensive list anywhere of interchangeabilty, unless you find a Hollander's interchange manual at a scrapyard (or buy your own) and go that route.

Bucket seats are different between B and C bodies.

Back