Intermitten wiper switch

spitfire

Reaction score
Someone electrical genius here?
I want to add this switch to my '68 3speed wiper.
Velleman K2599 Windshield Wiper Kit
First problem i have no idea how to hook up.
Second i want to use intermitten option and 2-3 speed as well.
I am not strong in electrical but if tell me which to which wire i can do it.
Thanx.

IMG_20160801_092515.jpg

This unit and others like it go into the "low speed" feed wire so that when you activate the wipers, it runs off the 12 volts that feeds the wiper motor. There is a time delay relay built right into the circuit that is adjustable. The link you posted has an icon for downloading a PDF file which contains the instructions which are pretty simple and easy to follow. I suppose you could wire it into any of the three speeds but LOW is the best one. You will have to unplug the motor feed wires to find out which color of wire controls each speed and then put the controller into that circuit in series. If your lucky and have a factory wiring diagram, it will give you the wire colors for each speed. The one you are looking at actually delays on all speeds of the wiper motor so I would think this is a very good unit.

Last edited:
You realize this is a kit.. right? A bunch of parts in a bag that you have to solder together.

This unit and others like it go into the "low speed" feed wire so that when you activate the wipers, it runs off the 12 volts that feeds the wiper motor. There is a time delay relay built right into the circuit that is adjustable. The link you posted has an icon for downloading a PDF file which contains the instructions which are pretty simple and easy to follow. I suppose you could wire it into any of the three speeds but LOW is the best one. You will have to unplug the motor feed wires to find out which color of wire controls each speed and then put the controller into that circuit in series. If your lucky and have a factory wiring diagram, it will give you the wire colors for each speed. The one you are looking at actually delays on all speeds of the wiper motor so I would think this is a very good unit.
Ok.
It wasn't clear for me i can use the low wire for it.
Thank you!

Back