Is it the Internet, or me?

I'm just on a couple of forums. Ramforum, military.com, and this place. I don't have a problem with any of these. I'm on FB to communicate with my nephew and niece and don't allow myself to get dragged into "friending" a billion people that claim they are related to me or claim to be friends of mine.

Nope nothing there...

No.It.Aint.jpg

This a quote I culled off Usenet eons ago, still applies today.

"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
Massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. -spaf"

well yes, i have also seen a trend over the years. Lets say someone asks "i would like to make some more power, what heads can you recommend blah blah" you often get answers like "why do you want to do this? just keep it stock..." i dont get it. Why do THOSE people even replay???

About rude comments... i personally dont care so much about it, in a democracy you are allowed to say whatever you think and want and if it offends someone or someone thinks its rude, thats their problem. Maybe they should move to china or north korea where freedom of speech is forbidden. I mean...it does me no harm if someone tells me I'm an ******* or whatever I do is wrong or cusses me out or whatever, they got the freedom to express that and its my responsibility to just get over it, you have the choice to ignore it.

Yea so that's what it's suppose to show when I enter the zip (but not the zip for where I live but the downtown PO).

What's the point?

(edit) OK that is just the registered weather station of a person that's hooked up to Wunderground.com. Actually the one I click on wasn't accurate to the city posted.

Last edited:
well yes, i have also seen a trend over the years. Lets say someone asks "i would like to make some more power, what heads can you recommend blah blah" you often get answers like "why do you want to do this? just keep it stock..." i dont get it. Why do THOSE people even replay???.

It tends to be the same people that don’t know the answer but HAVE to weigh in on every topic or pull the thread off base leading to a thread within a thread. I don’t visit certain boards anymore because of post whores.

In due time my friend, in due time. Just can't afford it now, and even if I could, no one would call me.

Oh I know brotha. I only have this damn phone cuz of work. And I have a computer for **** and Car Forums.

Oh ****, did I just say that out loud??

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

A good flip phone (not a Cricket) is about $60 at AT&T, in their pre-paid monthly section. Get it changed to your regular account for $10.00 (if you have AT&T) and you're done. FWIW

Civility is a decreasing commodity, unfortunately, but it CAN vary depending upon where you're at and in which online forum.

The "trick" is to find the forum that best suits your demeanor. Some posters do seem to have been reading "elsewhere" or talking to some and then seek out the wisdom of a specialized group of people. In some cases, the poster has little knowledge of what they really need or how to get it, nor understand what might happen in other areas if they DO get what they claim to want/need. I suspect many of us have been there, in the past, at one time or another.

Having good mentors is very important. A "sound byte" is not always a good explanation. Being empathetic with the poster can be better than being judgmental and dismissive. Differences of opinion/orientation are normal as we have a diverse set of personal experiences/history upon which we can base our actions/desires, which is good.

The car hobby has lots of "places to be", by observation. Plenty of room for all to enjoy and grow. Each of us has been where others haven't, and vice-versa. Sharing information helps us all, both in exchanging information/expertise and helping others in what they might be trying to accomplish. Plus expanding our own respective information databases.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Quote: If I really wanted to, I could probably track you down by studying your activity here. Real quickly, I see your in MA. but you could be lying about that. Anybody that wants you can find you, ever do a search on yourself and see the dirt that comes up? ::Quote.

I know people that do this all the time. And very quickly all the way to seeing a street side view of your house...then they can see when you bought it and for how much. It is very easy to do backround checks on anybody legally and quickly.

pipl.com

Is it the Internet, or me?

It is you. You are one of the most brash respondents on this site. That you get the same back in kind from others on other sites is no surprise. What is a surprise is that your pride blinds you so much, you would even be so bewildered. Unless you are just joking with us tongue in cheek. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
well yes, i have also seen a trend over the years. Lets say someone asks "i would like to make some more power, what heads can you recommend blah blah" you often get answers like "why do you want to do this? just keep it stock..." i dont get it. Why do THOSE people even replay???

Sorry if you're offended when I do similar things... but... these threads also serve as reference for folks looking for answers for years afterwards. Any time I feel the need to dig into a modification post a little deeper, I see it as an opportunity to help not only the OP, but anyone else who is reading and thinking "hmm... maybe I should try this". I don't know your exact skill level, but I do know your competent enough to see that these are systems that have many parts working together and not just a matter of one miracle part unleashing the hidden race car in somebodies former grocery getter...

About rude comments... i personally dont care so much about it, in a democracy you are allowed to say whatever you think and want and if it offends someone or someone thinks its rude, thats their problem. Maybe they should move to china or north korea where freedom of speech is forbidden. I mean...it does me no harm if someone tells me I'm an ******* or whatever I do is wrong or cusses me out or whatever, they got the freedom to express that and its my responsibility to just get over it, you have the choice to ignore it.

I don't all the way disagree with you, too many folks need to grow some skin. On the other hand, treating each other civilly is a tragic loss... everyday I see more self absorbed and rude behavior in the world around me. Folks don't even seem to recognize their poor behavior, and seem to feel entitled... at one time the person they slighted would have been Tolerated, if not entitled, to physically adjust their perspective. I don't want to encourage violent behavior, but too many folks out there haven't received the ***-kicking they deserve for too long.

It’s not just the internet.

Yea I don'kno, one thing I can say about the phone is it keeps the quegs occupied. Have you ever noticed that when your out at the mall or post office or anywhere in the mass public? Everyone is staring and finger 'flicking' the phone lol. FINE with me heh, 'least they ain't getting in my face about something stoopid!

Around the holidays one lady in line at the new Aldi grocery store that I got behind was too busy with her phone that she didn't see and react quick enough to see that they opened another register and had to barge in front of me when I moved over proclaiming "But I was in front of in the other line and I only have one item!"... My reply was 'Whatever'.... heh I seem to be saying that a lot these days... I could tell by her gaudy clothes she most likely was from NYC.
I just hope she was just in as much of a hurry to get out of the parking lot so I wouldn't have to dodge her there too.
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

oh and 1 more :BangHead:
:D

Got approached by someone at WallyWorld entrance from NYC about a voter rights survey for the bus system....
a big FOGOMF :elmer::icon_fU: was my reply. It's never ending!

Guess one of these is appropriate! :soapbox:

I can ignore what I need to on the web. Problem is that, the "Herd Mentality" afforded to straight up assholishness by the Internet cannot be contained by the internet alone. I see it spilling out all over my country like so much diarrhea and cheese wiz.

FIFY. :poke:

Last edited:
Back