Is my 14yo daughter crazy?? Should I be worried ?? :)

I'm still waiting on the new thread about that cool minature steam locomotive. When are you gonna start one Wollfen

desotocrazy, When my wife went for her drivers test(way back when) the instructor said"Wow,you are driving a stick instead of a automatic." Her reply was "What's a automatic ?"
Both of our girls drive stick cars. We wanted the girls to be able to drive anything in any situation.
Perfect!

I wonder what FCA will look like when these kids start driving. I feel the best days are behind Ma Mopar. An appreciation of our old cars by the kids is great to hear.
But w used to say that in the 80s when we went to fwd. There will already be a group that likes what's out there now. Someone once said " people tend to collect what their parents used to drive when they were little". Think about how big the collector minivan market will be in a few years !

Your kitchen counter tops are 24" deep, 'bout where you'd want the depth of your work bench I'd think? If you take a 2"X4"X8' long stud and multiply the 1+3/4" thickness of each X 16 you come up with the magic # and same depth as your kitchen counter top That's 92" long. I build 3 legs using an apple boxes for measuring the height X2 + ah little bit extra for the thickness of the under shelf from the floor and from the top of the shelf to the under side of the work Bench + ah littl bit so you're not having to jam all those boxes into your just built storage area. Are you starting to get some ideas here? Theirz ah bit more to building the 3 legs and anchoring the work bench to the wall but what I've said might start your wheels turning. Should I start ah new thread for this little project? Jer
Thank you for the ideas. Originally i wanted to do a stationary bench but now I'm thinking about one south locking casters. not sure though.

At my "work" i get the stink eye for saying Chrysler vs FCA when i give presentations... oh well... I'm old, gimme a break.

I'm on the first floor where we have a little more ability to speak of our Italian termite problem. The name could change any day now, why bother to learn it? It's not like they're giving me a cut for bringing "FCA" into common useage.

But w used to say that in the 80s when we went to fwd. There will already be a group that likes what's out there now. Someone once said " people tend to collect what their parents used to drive when they were little". Think about how big the collector minivan market will be in a few years !
Don't forget the SUV and lame crossover market..

Don't forget the SUV and lame crossover market..
Wow, I sure hope you don't consider the old Ramchargers and Trail Dusters SUV's.

My 7 & 8 year old were playing checkers this afternoon when I went to the garage so my 4 yr old showed up in the garage a few minutes later because he didn't have anything else to do. It wasn't too long later before the others showed up.

Wow, I sure hope you don't consider the old Ramchargers and Trail Dusters SUV's.

My 7 & 8 year old were playing checkers this afternoon when I went to the garage so my 4 yr old showed up in the garage a few minutes later because he didn't have anything else to do. It wasn't too long later before the others showed up.
Sorry I should have mentioned I was referring to recent SUV's and crossover's that the current generation will want in a few years. Ford Explorers, Chevy Equinox's/Tahoe's, etc. Becuse that's what most kids grew up with not that long ago. And before you know it they'll be 20+ year old vehicles

Yes but so will challengers, chargers, camaros, mustangs, and pickups. I grew up with a 73 dodge polara powder blue 4 door with black top, and a 72 chrysler new yorker brougham 2 door hardtop, and TBH i would only concider the new yorker because my dads actual car popped up after slumbering for 25 years in a storage unit. Sadly someone else found it and bought it to cut up for parts.

My C body of choice would be a 2 door 70 newport or 2 door 70 fury GT. However different my tastes are, dad is a lifelong mopar guy, and fostered the love of the brand in me, as i am doing with my son.

Last edited:
Detmatt... you said were practically neighbors... did you mean at work or house wise?
Considering this is the www I just meant that we're both in the same region. I live in Rochester Hills and have a shop in Royal Oak.

Back