It´s time for the Slab picture thread

fury rear (2).jpg

Here's a 68 Newport I used to own. Original owner was a farmer in Fargo ND who ordered it. He got the 440 TNT but didn't spring for full wheel covers, my kind of guy. Had to sell, too many cars.
temp 02c.jpg
temp 02b.jpg
temp 01a.jpg
temp 04a.jpg

Here's a 68 Newport I used to own. Original owner was a farmer in Fargo ND who ordered it. He got the 440 TNT but didn't spring for full wheel covers, my kind of guy. Had to sell, too many cars.
View attachment 368222 View attachment 368223 View attachment 368224 View attachment 368225

Have you looked at prices for these "poverty caps" lately? FAR exceed prices you often see for full wheelcovers, so the original owner bought wisely, not to mention the 440 TNT.

Have you looked at prices for these "poverty caps" lately? FAR exceed prices you often see for full wheelcovers, so the original owner bought wisely, not to mention the 440 TNT.
Actually I didn't even realize that any Chryslers came standard with dog dishes until I bought this car. The caps have a big "C" in the middle. They were rare back then so makes sense they would be pricey now.

Come to think of it, I saw a '68 Newport convertible a couple times in DC last summer that had them ("poverty caps"), only it was off-white. When the wheels match the car and you have whitewalls, it DOES make a nice look, especially in a brighter color.

My 1968 Dodge Monaco 500. Been in the family since new, though Gramps restored the exterior and drivetrain 20 years ago. He drove it very little since then, in that time he put maybe 2000 km's/ 1250 miles put on it. Interior is all original (as is the suspension! 50 years in the family, nobody thought to replace the rear leaf springs???!!!) and when the engine was rebuilt, the 383 was swapped to a four barrel carter carb and intake, but otherwise everything is bone stock. So far the windshield washer motor, the radio, and the reverse light don't work. Fixing those as time and money allows. Replacing rear suspension when I find leaf springs that aren't all sagged to **** or find a company that ships to Canada. Me being my dumb self, drove it roughly 350 km's/ 220 miles home on tires that although still have great tread, are about 25 years old..... so those are first on the to-do list this spring. Interestingly enough, it came with a pair of snow tires on rims with their own matching hubcaps from when it was still a daily driver back in the 80's and 90's. Somehow or another, I don't quite see myself using them anytime soon, but kinda cool nonetheless.
706 (2).JPG
664.JPG
619.JPG
705.JPG
624.JPG
623.JPG
614.JPG

The family weekend cruiser. Living here in California we can drive her year round.... about 9 of those months the top is down:

2B764E60-CC17-4C36-AB9D-49573716D5BE.jpeg

083D4E32-DB2C-4DAC-8C6C-6E13B730CA38.jpg

BA10BF89-87DE-4C4D-A865-CF85E4705B79.jpeg

4C3DC15F-2293-41E7-9377-50A357E214B8.jpeg

2AA4A465-9429-49AF-BD17-77CEDDA5164A.jpeg

Does this count? I am watching a netflix series called Hunters and saw what I think is a '68 300 Vert. Anyone here own it?
300 in Hunters.JPG

Thought I would share this, my favorite pic of the car. Just pulled it out of storage this last Saturday (local fairgrounds.) As I pulling my car out, another guys was pulling out his nice older ford, and mentioned that he might as well leave his in, as they aren't going to be having any car shows any time soon with the 'rona. I just can't imagine owning a classic that I didn't drive regularly, just for the fun of it, or to work like I did tonight :D

resized newport.jpg

Back