For Sale It's back !1970 Plymouth Fury 70 440-6 V CODE SPORT FURY GT PROMO SHOW CAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the person with unlimited finances, it would be cool to bring it back. I'm surprised it doesn't even have a clock. Should have had a tach with all the other options and a V-code.

Finally more pics of this one, and it's coming down to earth with the price. Critter needs this one for a matching set.:poke:

Neat car fixed. I hope it comes with a round of tetanus shots. I saved a similarly rusted Superbee. Roof, patches, 1/4 panels, frame extensions, shackle perches, floor boards, a trunk lid. Crazy stuff. You'll do it once.

Neat car fixed. I hope it comes with a round of tetanus shots. I saved a similarly rusted Superbee. Roof, patches, 1/4 panels, frame extensions, shackle perches, floor boards, a trunk lid. Crazy stuff. You'll do it once.
And that's with available body panels for a B-Body.

The photos for the record (as we all know, some old some new). Would like to see photos of the "1 RUST FREE PARTS CAR, COMPLETE CAR" too though
s-l5007ZRN8TRL.jpg
s-l500P3LVFYWX.jpg
s-l500WTFL0QHU.jpg
s-l500BJJXSMYK.jpg
s-l50060SXL8Z1.jpg
s-l500CRCGH3LO.jpg
. I'll ask....

Ship of Theseus comes to mind... You'd replace so much on the car that it would no longer be the car.

So... You'd use the floors, rear frame rails, quarter panels, roof, doors, stub frame etc. from the "parts" car. The front has already been swapped... so even that's not original to the car.

Somewhere along the line, it really comes down to jacking up the VIN tag and driving another car under it. Even if you used as much of the original car as possible, that's the only way it's going to be restored.

I give Dan credit for saving the cars he did. I know I would have listed it as dead and moved on. He saved what he could find and has kept them going until they are now becoming popular. Dan and his cars are world renown. Granted, even I have thought he was nuts with the price of these cars but what he did was get the recognized and in the process, saved a few...

I would love to buy it and redo it. I wouldn't know where to start

It would be quite the project, I hope someone buys it and the resto ends up documented here. If the engine code for the 6BBL is V, the 5th digit right? What is the 375hp 440?

I would see this car as a restoration candidate if it had it's engine and trans. IMHO, it's far too gone and after being restored... could you even call it the same car? I would really love to have his green car though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back