Sport Fury GT or Chrysler 300 Hurst

65Coronet7165

Reaction score
Which do you prefer as your dream car; a Chrysler 300 Hurst or a 70 Plymouth Sport Fury GT? Both are interesting and rare cars for sure , but what do you prefer. I suppose the Hurst has the nicer interior from the Imperial 2 door hardtop.. and the Gt comes with the 440 six pack as an option. You could choose your painting schemes As well

Sport Fury GT for me! And a dream come true - now being restored. 60C0819B-3CFB-423A-8803-B3A2896B176D.jpeg

The Hurst 300 has a more refined design and overall appearance. Right @Trace 300 Hurst. On the other hand I owned a 70 Sports Fury GT, the ultimate sleeper on four wheels. I call it the Hurst 300 by a nose.

The Hurst 300 has a more refined design and overall appearance. Right @Trace 300 Hurst. On the other hand I owned a 70 Sports Fury GT, the ultimate sleeper on four wheels. I call it the Hurst 300 by a nose.

Since this is about dream cars, I'm pretty much going with a convertible Hemi Cuda, auto with console delete and cassette recorder that spent its early life in France and DID NOT SELL at Mecum Indy 2021 for $3.5M.

1684814255053.jpeg

Anyone know how many 300 Hurst's were produced vs Sport Fury GT's?? I do know there were some 450 Hurst's produced. Except for the interior, I prefer the Sport Fury GT.

When the cars were new, I saw the 300-Hurst very infrequently, but found a Fury GT on the used car lot at Fenner Tubbs C-P in Lubbock sometime in 1973. Not a 6-bbl car, though.

As to which one I would desire to own, back then, it would have been the 300-Hurst, as I was more oriented toward Chryslers at that time. In present time, I might be more toward the Fury GT, mainly for ease of finding interior parts as needed.

Back then, too, I was more into "road performance" than "drag strip performance". To me, those are two separate customer demographics. The 300-Hurst would be more the former and the GT would be more toward the latter, to me. WHICH means a few incognito "liberties" could be had with the Fury GT and the 300-Hurst! To the Fury GT standard 440 and optional a/c, add a better intake and carb to get 6bbl performance, with a Sanden a/c compressor, plus a good under-car exhaust system. To top it off, a 3.91 rear axle ratio and a TF w/OD for nice cruising.

For the companion Fury S-23 (as an alternative to the Fury GT), a stroker 360 would be operative, with a modern OD automatic and 3.55 rear axle ratio. It would have to look just like a 318, maybe with some 340-ish exhaust manifold (if possible), to which factory dual exhaust would be added. A Performer 318 intake manifold to accept the 1980-style a/c compressor for good measure. OR a 1980 360 4bbl intake with a Street Demon carb (TQ look-alike) on it. Topped off with a factory air cleaner.

As the 300-Hurst is possibly the most valuable, doing it as @Trace300 has done his would be operative. OEM with a few enhancements, built to drive and enjoy, painlessly.

So . . . A + B = BOTH

CBODY67

both are very cool.

I get tired of 300 HURST because they all look the same. Only real visual difference is a console or column shift.

Fury comes on all colors and interiors.

Now, if someone were to do what Plymouth should've done and drop a 426 in a Fury, buckets/console, that would be pretty hard to beat.

I wasn't impressed with the 300 Hurst I had. Lots of fancy cosmetics on a car that was going nowhere fast.
I'll take any big motor 2 DR console 67 Polara or Monaco with a 3.91 rear and call it good.
But yes. The Plymouth GT over the Hurst 300

The Sport Fury GT is definitely my dream car, although the 300 Hurst is good too. I wouldn't mind having both, but the GT is hands down my favorite especially after seeing Mr. Wheeler's B7 blue 6bbl in 2016 then having the honor of sitting in it last year in 2022.

Love my 300's but ive Always wanted a fury GT or.... S/23! Not to mention a superbird.

Back