For Sale It's back !1970 Plymouth Fury 70 440-6 V CODE SPORT FURY GT PROMO SHOW CAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC03558.JPG

i know this is the number published..but i think its much less... maybe under 30..

I don't understand your logic here as the Six Barrel setup was only a $153 option on the Sport Fury GT and the standard engine was the 350 horse T-code. If anything I think the 61 number is low, less than 10% of people recognized the bargain.

But of course I am no expert...just my opinion, but I will stick to the Chrysler numbers on this one.

Dave

He also said that 64 V-codes were produced.

Probably 61 USA + 3 Canadian. Personally I have just heard the 61 number...there was a lot of talk this weekend that this was the only V-code Sport Fury that was presently a running and driving car. Does anybody know of another?

Dave

I must of misunderstood him....

Maybe he just rescued the car and the drivetrain went elsewhere.

Yes he bought the car in Buffalo in the 1980's...without the engine. Rumour has it the engine from the Sport Fury went into a Challenger way back then. The owner has followed up some leads but soo far none have lead to the #'s engine. Hopefully its still in the Buffalo area and could be reunited with the car someday.

Dave

I think Critter might be all plumb tuckered out...

tuckered and beat up honestly....
.....was looking at the black one pretty hard..it wasn't bad really...was only a phone call away on that one and had already been dealing with Dan for couple parts for the GT...the yellow one will be a nice car when done but honestly is pretty rough and belive it'll end up having the vin tag swapped to another car possibly...don't believe theres a lot to save on that car unfortunately but that's just a assumption on my part...
....as it stands now still have the 70 Fury 3 to get back on the road yet....need some time off from vehicles...last five years has been non stop day in day out...huntin parts most evenings and working everyday for months non stop...as much as ld like to cant save them all myself...may be a 70 GT in my future but that's a cpl years down the road if l can find one worth saving

with a little imagination....
completed%20drivers%20side1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes he bought the car in Buffalo in the 1980's...without the engine. Rumour has it the engine from the Sport Fury went into a Challenger way back then. The owner has followed up some leads but soo far none have lead to the #'s engine. Hopefully its still in the Buffalo area and could be reunited with the car someday.

Dave
never say never....

February issue of MCG picked this as one of the top 10 cars of 2016, congrats Dave!
IMG_2253.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back