Jack / Stand Advice

300cruiser

Reaction score
Finally getting around to solving multiple fluid leak issues which requires putting the car on stands. Any advice regarding best location for raising front end and positioning of jack stands?
Thanks,

I jack up the front end using the k-member(crossmember) just high enough to put the jackstands under the frame just behind the front tire area of the frame. Don't use the floor, or the oil pan to raise the car! Then I try a reasonable push of the car sideways to make sure that the car is stable / safe. Hope this helps.

I jack up the front end using the k-member(crossmember) just high enough to put the jackstands under the frame just behind the front tire area of the frame. Don't use the floor, or the oil pan to raise the car! Then I try a reasonable push of the car sideways to make sure that the car is stable / safe. Hope this helps.

With the e-brake on and rear wheels chocked, right?

I don't apply the e-brake, since that is applied only to the rear wheels, and the rears are locked by the automatic trans being in PARK, or on stickshift transmissions probably in reverse position.
If I'm jacking up the rear, then I chock the front tires, yes.

chock the wheel, front or back, whatever end you are not lifting. and use a jack AND stands. c'mon man, do it for the kids.

use jack stands for sure never trust the jack and I agree with suggested placement of the stands

all that holds the preasure and hydraulic jack up is a little rubber O ring so caution when settin up the jackstands...hydraulic jacks do fail !

Back