junkyards in/near El Paso, TX

moonrunner1972

Reaction score
Folks,

Next year, I will be spending about 10 months in the El Paso, TX area. Does anyone have any information or leads on any good salvage yards that may be worth a visit? I have two 1973 Polaras, both of which could benefit from some rust free fenders; one needs a driver's side trunk extension. Regardless, who doesn't enjoy a day of picking through vintage iron waiting to be restored?
:sSig_thanks:

Folks,

Next year, I will be spending about 10 months in the El Paso, TX area. Does anyone have any information or leads on any good salvage yards that may be worth a visit?:sSig_thanks:

Your in luck ......!!!!!!!
From El Paso head north on hwy 54 to Alamogordo New Mexico, about 75 miles. Just south of town, (hwy 2 I think), look for a place that was called Smittys. Could be different now but about 20 years ago the place was a gold mind of rust free, unpicked cars, lots of old mopars.
Also hwy 54 salvage north of town.

Then go north to hwy 70 and cross over east to Roswell NM. A1 auto salvage there ..... lots of stuff. and Diamond auto parts on 285 south of town. Diamond has some great stuff but keeps wierd hours. You may have to try a few times. Let me know if that 56 Plymouth 2 door wagon is still there.

Good luck and happy hunting ...... you lucky SOB.

Thanks for the great tip. The one in Roswell looks like it would be worth the visit even if they don't carry anything for my car. Since moving to NW FL in 2011 I have only visited two junkyards. I am in serious need to get my fix of diamonds in the rough.

You'll probably spend the 1st 6 monthz checkin' local tin without leaving "Paso", but their are ah few decent bone yardz straight up I-25 in and around Albuquerque when you get bored crossin' the border to party. And oh yah, I'd check out Las Cruces on your way up I-25 too. AND HIT THE PAWN SHOPZ AND PICK UP A SERIOUS SPOTTER SCOPE AND TAKE IT WITH YOU ALSO AND I'M SERIOUS. I learned that trick yearz ago and also learned that a pair of 7X35 binoculars just don't reach out there like ah 20X or 30X spotter scope on ah tripod perched on your hood doez. Seamz everybody has some Iron scattered 'round there little ponderosa out in the pucker brush too, Jer

You'll probably spend the 1st 6 monthz checkin' local tin without leaving "Paso", I'd check out Las Cruces

I checked out every "listed" and "word of mouth" salvage yard in El paso with no good findings. Also checked out Las Cruces and found only one yard there. But it was slim pickins with only a well picked over 58 DeSoto.
Nothing worth while in Carlsbad either.

Back