Just a minor update

The whole front of my NY'er has been upgraded in the last few months. The ornament was a disaster, the grills were so pitted that I could grate Wisconsin cheese on them, the bumpers were horrible too! I've since replaced the bumpers, grills, and hood ornament. To me, it was a 1000% percent improvement. I feel pretty good on how the front end looks now. I got the bumpers and grills from a car in El Paso, Texas.

The whole front of my NY'er has been upgraded in the last few months. The ornament was a disaster, the grills were so pitted that I could grate Wisconsin cheese on them, the bumpers were horrible too! I've since replaced the bumpers, grills, and hood ornament. To me, it was a 1000% percent improvement. I feel pretty good on how the front end looks now. I got the bumpers and grills from a car in El Paso, Texas.

Looks great Bob! Coming along very nicely!

Looks great Bob! Coming along very nicely!

Thanks Zac!

I'm working on the road wheels now. I still need to find one center hub. I have just about all the chrome polished. I still need to do some painting when it warms a little more.

And how are the slashes on your hand healing?

BTW, please forgive me but I had to do this. The Inner Child thing perhaps...
I'm doing this because I want people to look deeply into the ornament and appreciate the unseen detail that Chrysler used to put into their high line products back in the day. For example, those three shields didn't have to have a diagonal crest in them nor did the lions' tails and manes need to be so intricate.
Those days are gone.
And the person who designed the emblem is long gone also. Why two lower and one upper shield within a large shield? We'll never know.

There's even more detail with an eyeball on the ornament. There's also diagonals lines with the red shield and I didn't know that there was black paint between the lions and the red shield until Mike (Newp) informed me.

I have bruises and cuts on both arms and hands......but it was worth it. That ornament is in a hell of a spot with several different channels and what not in the way. Can't get a deep socket on it, nor an open end wrench.

You ought to be damn proud.

< Sent from my tablet >

I also would like to point out one last thing on that closeup picture of the hood ornament....it also highlights the beauty of the B3 Cadet Blue Metallic paint. It looks great under the lights at night too.

Look at Bob......wrenching on the car all winter and he has to drive to his garage. Where do you get the motivation Bob....? The car has come a long way and looks fantastic

Look at Bob......wrenching on the car all winter and he has to drive to his garage. Where do you get the motivation Bob....? The car has come a long way and looks fantastic

Thanks Dave.

Plus I have to go through the security checks when I go on the Army base. No problem. Having access to that garage on the base is one of my favorite privileges. I sure hope the garage doesn't close because of the budget cuts that are looming. It pays for itself with the user fees that we pay. It is open Thursday through Sunday.

Unfortunately, I did the hood ornament replacement in front of my house in the rain. I thought it was going to be a quick job. Hell no! So I got caught in the rain/blizzard. It was only rain and 50mph winds at my house.

Ok, all this hood ornament chatter has got me wanting a new one for my '67...anybody holding any NOS ones?

Ok, all this hood ornament chatter has got me wanting a new one for my '67...anybody holding any NOS ones?
No kidding. I bought one on eBay but it's slightly pitted. I would love to have one that's perfect. 73 Imperial, spring mounted.

No kidding. I bought one on eBay but it's slightly pitted. I would love to have one that's perfect. 73 Imperial, spring mounted.

Try Arizona Parts. This is a partial list. A part number would help a lot. You get a parts manual on EBay cheap too. Mine is 1500 pages and I got it for $50 with free shipping. Best purchase I Ever made. I also got both service manuals for $2 on Ebay. Keep calling Arizona Parts until he (Marty) answers the phone. I emailed him on C-pillar medallions and he responded.

http://www.arizonaparts.com/searchpartsyearlist.asp

I also saw a lot of NOS hood ornaments on EBay.

I inquired with him a while back and he didn't have one.

I talked to him a week ago, he still acquiring parts so I would check with him every once in a while.

??? 73 Imperials didn't have spring mounted hood ornaments from the factory. The Eagle and chain surround were bolted to the front of the hood...anything else is wrong.

73Imperial04.jpg

Back