Just bought a 63 Imperial , have a questions...

sakurasanta86

Reaction score
I am getting it delivered tomorrow but have a questions...
1. Would like to do a front disc brake swap, ideas?
2. Source for parts? Need door/trunk weatherstripping, horn "lever", dome light lense, brakes etc.
3. It's a full frame car, can the body be separated from the frame? Heard it was welded
4. It has seatbelts in the front, need them for the back. Is it true the seatbelt bolt holes are there in the back.
5. Is the "normal" turn signal lever on other cars the turn signal lever in these cars? This car the lever doesn't want to move, I'm afraid I'm gonna break it, it's so stiff.
6. The trunk is fairly rotten, choices for a new floor?
7. How do I decode the fender tag? The letters under the numbers don't make sense to me.
8. What gauge sheet metal is the body? Need to fix some holes.
Thanks guys

Welcome to the forum. Your car is body on frame so they can be separated- 1967 was first year for a unitized body.

Information can be obtained from the online imperial club www.imperialclub.com, top item in the menu list on the site is imperials by year, lots of good information there.
A good source of parts is Murray B Park in Ohio, www.cbodies.com.

He lists some 63 items, there may be commonalities between the years with the same basic body as yours. Click on "our online store" select imperial then 1963 to see the listing.

Good luck with your car, others will contribute their knowledge.

Welcome! I believe the '62-'63 were one body and the'64-'66 were the next body series. They were body-on frame cars as other Chryslers of that time were UniBody, as were the '67 and later "Chrysler" Imperials.

The drivetrain items (engine and trans) could be similar to the regular Chryslers, 413s and TorqueFlites. Many unique items as there was no crossover with the body parts or possibly suspension items. There might be some mechanical items which will date back to 1957 Imperials?

Personally, I like the '63s better than the '62s. Enjoy getting it back together and enjoy it more once that's been done!

The ImperialClub.com website is a great resource AND was one of the first to have the complete set of Chrysler MasterTech training courses for view on the Internet! A fantastic resource. Some of the items in the blog posts are very dated, but still informative and educational. LOTS of stuff in that website!

CBODY67

Back