Just Brought- 1965 300L 4 Speed

300Ls are also one of my favorite designs and they are very well built. Finding one with low miles like yours stored in a heated garage all these years is getting so rare these days. You really scored, and that interior it outstanding! Plus the exterior needs virtually nothing. This is one for the record books! Enjoy.
The paint has a lot of scrapes and what not. I was told it was covered with so much stuff you couldn't tell what it was. The plan for now is to clean it the best I can.

No Steve the mirror placement is not correct. Correct would place them about 12"s-14"s forward of the door opening, but their still the correct mirrors for the year starting in '63. The thing I wonder about is how our dear departed Friend Don R. from Mina missed this one. WHAT AH DROP DEAD GORGEOUS PRIZE. I'd be surprised if Gloria even has the vin # on this one based on how long it's been in hibernation We'll fix that if 66300 can make it all the way from Dunkinsville to Carlisle this July, Jer
I'm hopping to have it on the road by then and drive her down.

We're splitting hairz here my friend. I think I should have answered our SoCal friend that az far az I know they're were no right side mirrors mounted from the factory AT ALL. Driverz side mirrorz were mounted on the doorz from the factory but the location on the door for the passenger side waz obstructed by the vent window Soooo. I expect that a ton of those mirrorz were installed at the dealerships leftz and rightz on the fenderz because of that. Having said that I will look forward to and enjoy seeing your 300L come July, Jer

That car is an awesome find ! Congratulations !

I have never seen or heard of mirrors coming from the factory in 65 on the fenders.

As far as the mirrors go, I have never seen a rectangular mirror that was available from Chrysler in 1965. There may have been one in their Accessories catalog, but I don't recall seeing one, and definitely not factory mounted on the fender. I agree, remove the mirrors.

I do have a question. Is this a horn, or what ?
IMG_1593a.jpg

Again, awesome car ! And definitely keep the 2-4's !!!

But the placement isn't factory correct, right?
We're splitting hairz here my friend. I think I should have answered our SoCal friend that az far az I know they're were no right side mirrors mounted from the factory AT ALL. Driverz side mirrorz were mounted on the doorz from the factory but the location on the door for the passenger side waz obstructed by the vent window Soooo. I expect that a ton of those mirrorz were installed at the dealerships leftz and rightz on the fenderz because of that. Having said that I will look forward to and enjoy seeing your 300L come July, Jer

But it would be period correct for a driver who liked them there on their last car... IMO the story sounds like this was a driver's car. She would have been heavy, but fun to cruise and fun to get a little freaky with... I think these would be perfect for passing traffic at speed...

Not to beat the subject of mirrors to death, the mirrors that were on this black car are not the same style as the factory mounted ones. The factory mirrors were round. I have 3 of those Ls and they all have a round mirror. One of my Ls has some holes where a right mirror was mounted in the past, but it is now gone, and Jer is correct, where it was mounted was badly obstructed by the wing window pillar.

That car is an awesome find ! Congratulations !

As far as the mirrors go, I have never seen a rectangular mirror that was available from Chrysler in 1965. There may have been one in their Accessories catalog, but I don't recall seeing one, and definitely not factory mounted on the fender. I agree, remove the mirrors.

I do have a question. Is this a horn, or what ?
View attachment 72034
Again, awesome car ! And definitely keep the 2-4's !!!
It is a trumpet horn. He must have liked horns, below that is an other regular horn. 4 total

Not to beat the subject of mirrors to death, the mirrors that were on this black car are not the same style as the factory mounted ones. The factory mirrors were round. I have 3 of those Ls and they all have a round mirror. One of my Ls has some holes where a right mirror was mounted in the past, but it is now gone, and Jer is correct, where it was mounted was badly obstructed by the wing window pillar.

I know that the right side mirrors on my brothers '66-'70 B-bodies are completely useless for anything other than symmetry.

I was told that he wanted a 4 speed because of hauling a camper. The camper turned out to be a small teardrop trailer. I would love to have some pictures of them together back in the day.
IMG_1543.JPG

Beautiful, beautiful car... So please tell us, the story / history of the car, aside from what you have if you know any.

Why does a car like this sit for 35 years?

You might find the mirrors are something you appreciate when you start driving it. The original owner seems to have equipped it for optimum highway cruising (extra horn, mirrors, etc.)

Back