Kickdown linkage for 1960 Fury

60fury

Reaction score
Does anyone have one for my '60 Fury? I have been using the push buttons
for driving and I would hate to kill my trans. Help!

Better stop driving it or it will kill the trans. the cast iron TF is more money to rebuild than a 727.

If you are looking for used from somebody here, you will need you will need to start a parts wanted thread.

What years interchange? I know the engine came from a 59 Imperial 413,
to be honest I dont know if it is a 727 or the earlier cast iron trans, I am
unable to get under the car to check (physical disability)

1959 and 1960 came with a cast iron TF when new. 1962 started the aluminum 727.

Follow the dipstick tube down to the trans and answer this question:
Does the dipstick tube enter in the top of the trans, or does it turn in and go into the trans pan?

If you have a 59 413, the trans will be a cast iron unit. Aluminum pushbutton trans used a different torque converter and flexplate, and those items could not be used on a 59 engine, unless the crankshaft were exchanged. Cast iron trans was used till 1961 model year.

Last year the cast iron TF was available 1961. The converter connects directly to the crankshaft with studs an no flexplate.

This linkage is a different type from 1962-1964. It connects to the throttle linkage near the firewall. The throttle linkage pushes at the carb.

In 1965 the carb linkage pulls at. The carb, and Then Kickdown changed to connecting at the carb.

You will need the correct linkage for your car.

I can photo a 1962 linkage later today.

send us a photo of your carb linkage so we can help you determine what’s going on with your car. we. Will need to make sure you shift 727 and not a linkage shift. You never know what they put in there and the. Kickdown is much different.

Last edited:
That would be great, I believe my linkage pushes at the carb, I will look and send a picture. Thanks for your help!!!!
Glenn

Here are photos, good thing the master cyl is off. Hard to see, but it has a bellcrank on the bellhousing and that hooks to the rod going up to the firewall bellcrank.

Who in the world designed this mess? This is a nice survivor 62 300 so I’d bet it’s original.

3E48A036-6A45-4CDB-ADD7-8B05AA2EB2BD.png

Here's a picture of what I have. The linkage going to the trans is gone, Hope you can help me identify and help find one.
Thanks,
Glenn

fury2.jpg

Glenn we need to see below that. In my picture that tan color thing on the left is the exhaust manifold. The brake booster is above where the photo is taken. You will need to shine a might down in there to see what is there.

we see you throttle linkage which is the stock stuff so that’s good.

Back