KIWI Road trip.

Airstream

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
My family and I have had our hoilday break over the 10 days.
we went to a car show in Gore "MOPAR IN GORE" it the South Island get together.
and we have the North Island get together next weekend.

Day 1
We hit the road at 4:20am on our way the wellington to catch the ferry.
it rained the whole time.until we got to wellington broaded the boat, crossed to the South Island, Then off the boat and it started to rian again. We drove down to Dunedin were we stayed the night at Larnarch castle.
The rain was so hard into Dunedin the last 40-50kms you could only drive at about 40kmh. we got at larnarch Castle at 10:20pm

map.jpg

NZ-interislander4.jpg

interislander-Panorama-2.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Other than the rain..........must of been a good family vacation. Any pictures of your car?

Mopar in Gore. Sounds like a halloween motto.

Way more photos to come.
Also forgot to say that in Chirstchurch at a set of light some f#$kwit back into us just afew mark on a mint bumper. he going to be paying for that lol.

Day 2. part 1
when we got to larnarch Castle i talked to the person who check us in about photos of my car and the castle.
she said NO way onone aloud to drive in the driveway of the catle grounds.
We stay in the old horse stables. not flash but it was a good price.
So i got my self out of bed just as it was getting light.
got afew pics of the castle and things lol.
frist view out to sea, then the stable we stay in, and some of the castle itself.
more to come later.IMG_0125.jpgIMG_0111.jpgIMG_0117.jpgIMG_0102.jpgIMG_0104.jpgIMG_0108.jpgIMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

Beautiful photos, I pulled my wife in on the conversation, now she wants to "go there".

Very nice, can't wait to see some more!

Beautiful car.......can we see some closeup pictures of the interior and under the hood?

Beautiful car.......can we see some closeup pictures of the interior and under the hood?
Hi. Guys. the car pretty standard. i am the 3 owner, its just over 89,000 miles on the clock. 360ci motor as only a baby engine. was order for the guys wife at the time and he got himself a 4 door NYers at the same time
128788558_full.jpg

128788558_full.jpg

Hi Guys.
Day2 part 2. Traveled 960kms so far
more photos of the out side with the kids. weren't aloud to take photos inside, you had to buy prephotos of the inside.
let just say in full of wooden carvings and plaster cellings 100% awesome.
This was a kids day to day so we took them to Cadbury chocolate factory, eat lots of chocolate.
We parked outside the old dunedin train station.
IMG_0119.jpgIMG_0121.jpgIMG_0127.jpgIMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

zzz1.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

As you can see in the last photo my wiper blade rubber came apart. so had to get out a bit of old speaker wire and the wifes needle and thread it up. the little clip broke on the blade.
we then meet up with a few car and drove to Gore. and then hit the bar for a well needed drink.

Beautiful photos, I pulled my wife in on the conversation, now she wants to "go there".
New Zealand a beautiful place. it one of them thing living here you don't take it all in as we see it all the time. The south Island is much better than the North Island more fram land than wild coutry side like the south island.
its just started spring time here so the weather all over the place sunny, rain, hail, snow all in one day.

there a say here:- You can going snow skiing in the morning then hit the beach for a swim in the afternoon and cook up a BBQ for tea.

Ok. Guys.
Car pics to come soon.
its going to be a bit of everything as NZ is to small to have a C bdoy only show. more just your Valiants so there be afew cars that you may not seen befor.
But i must say the C body did have a very good turn out .

As you can see in the last photo my wiper blade rubber came apart. so had to get out a bit of old speaker wire and the wifes needle and thread it up. the little clip broke on the blade.
we then meet up with a few car and drove to Gore. and then hit the bar for a well needed drink.

Nice on the spot fix!

:sSig_goodjob:

Back