Leaf springs - Formals

Nope. Just got home from The Lagoon where I was nursing my buddy of 40 years going through a divorce.
Priorities....

That always sucks, sorry to hear it...

He just finished the resto of his dream car. It's for sale...
Malibu, btw. Looks badass.

It's a very emotional time, hope he doesn't make decisions he regrets... if he has a choice.

Make sure your friend's car goes to a good home Stan, maybe someone will hold onto it for him until he can buy it back. Man I sound like Jeff today....

Feels good too, don't it?

I got the new leaf springs installed and it was worth the aggravation.
Wasn't cheap but you get what you pay for.
The ride height is still the same.
A thank you goes out to Will who I had to call about a problem but as you would expect, he walked me through it with no sweat.

I got the new leaf springs installed and it was worth the aggravation.
Wasn't cheap but you get what you pay for.
The ride height is still the same.
A thank you goes out to Will who I had to call about a problem but as you would expect, he walked me through it with no sweat.
Dying to know... did you need the new shackles and does it ride better now that at least the bushings and all are new.

My experience with Formal's has been "SHOCKS" make the biggest impact on ride quality. I put KYB Gas-A Just shocks on my 78 NYB and it was an unbelievable change in ride control!!!

Dying to know... did you need the new shackles and does it ride better now that at least the bushings and all are new.
I was able to remove the old shackles without breaking but installed the NOS shackles anyway.
The U-bolts would not budge. After snapping two bolts, the point was now moot and I Sawzalled the other six. Note to others: just saw the bastards off.
The ride is a hair firmer because they are seven leaf over the stock six.
Ride height is the same, maybe a schoch higher.
The only reason I did all of this was because I had one squeaky bushing and I got tired of lubricating it every week... :BangHead: Yes, I am one anal sick puppy.

Last edited:
Back