Leaking freeze plug on 67 383

I'd wait and see. What's the worst that could happen??

20170729_173733.jpg

The left side is flush, but the right side slipped in a little bit. I put goop all along the edge, then once I placed it in, i gooped it again and smeared it around.

20170731_202516.jpg
got a new plug put in this evening. A little cleaner and a lot straighter too. How long til I can fill it up?

Also, how much pressure will this see? I feel like the previous one came out rather easily. But the instructions say only two full turns and no more.

Pressure tested with engine cold up to 18 psi before I had a small leak on the upper hose. I'd better let the thermostat gasket dry fully too. I'll test it again tomorrow. How long should it hold pressure for? I had it on for about 5 minutes and it held constant. No sign of leaks at my freeze plug.

Pressure tested with engine cold up to 18 psi before I had a small leak on the upper hose. I'd better let the thermostat gasket dry fully too. I'll test it again tomorrow. How long should it hold pressure for? I had it on for about 5 minutes and it held constant. No sign of leaks at my freeze plug.
Mission complete, Very well done. Good to go.

Tested it again tonight. No leaks. Held 18lbs for a good ten minutes. Took the tester back to O'Reillys before they charged me an arm. Then I ran the engine til it was good and hot. Still no leaks! I could tell there was good pressure by squeezing the upper hose, radiator got hot enough where I didn't want to touch it, so that concluded this evenings test.

Now I'll have to drive it on some short trips before I really get over my paranoia of it bursting, lol.

Back