leaky rear window

rumpfox

Reaction score
my 66 sport fury has a bad rear window leak. easy take back glass out clean around lip ,fix any holes .take off old clips and put new ones with sealer around screws. put alot of sealer in new window rubber and install let set. put alot of sealer in window channel and install glass, what a mess got that byule sealer all over me and on headliner. what a ***** to get off. put a goodsize bead around sides and bottom of rubber and work in with puddy knife. let set and then install chrome trim. let set a few days and then spray with a water hose. leaks just as bad as before. any help. is this why these cars rotted so bad around the rear glass. pulled back c trim.jpgback window.jpg c,pillar trim off and resealed around any place that would leak. still leaks. any help or sugestons will help before i make this a convert.

back window.jpg

back c trim.jpg

Where is the water entering the vehicle? Trunk? If so, look up under the window channel with a flash light and look for wet areas.

Where is the water entering the vehicle? Trunk? If so, look up under the window channel with a flash light and look for wet areas.

I have lain in many trunks with a flash light while a helper uses the hose... get a helper who will let you out... experience talking

leaks in trunk right behind the trunk hinges an it don't take a water hose just a two liter pop bottle full of water around bottom of window. the guy at the glass place said he'd have to take the back glass back and i'd have to buy a new window seal cause he wouldn't clean up an use the old one he wants $300. and the seal is $200. i can't see it but what is my other deal. just let it leak an don't put stuff in the bigass trunk.

1. You HAVE to deal with it.
2. Pull the glass.
3. Repair the rust.
4. Install glass.

Poof. It gets done.

My 71 is a butyl rubber seal to the window channel, no rubber gasket of any sort back there. Maybe try getting another quote. My rear glass install was 120 bucks (I paid for the back glass separately).

Back