LED dash lights

FYI; Some LED headlight kits require the modification of the headlight buckets, but if that's what you desire, go for it!

Not to draw you away from installing LED lights, you can also install relays to your stock headlights, make it 10X brighter than stock.

Daniel sterling has a good guide on rewiring relays into your stock harness.

1969 Chrysler 300 convertible. .
Here's a heads up on that...

If you do go to LED headlights, your headlight door relay won't work as it did. The relay depends on a ground returning through the filaments in your bulbs to work correctly. It took me a while to figure this out and then figure out why it was setup like that. The reason is that if you have a bad headlight, the doors won't close, letting you change the bulb easily.

Same thing with adding a relay to your existing lights, the doors won't work correctly.

You can get around this with changing to a different style door relay, but unless you know this, you'll pull your hair out trying to figure it out.

This is how I added headlight relays with hidden headlights:
Headlight Relays with Hidden Headlights

IMHO, most of the LED headlight conversions are for looks and I'm not sure if that's the way to go if you want better lighting.

That’s why I recommend the Holley lights, they not for bling but for performance

I experienced that ~20 years ago with a 70 Fury after I put relays on the lights.
Now I know!
This is another example of the old practice of switching on the ground. It took me a couple years even with my slabs to realize this was once common practice, done to save wire. Headlamps are the ONE thing in the lighting I keep NOS DOT compliant! I have a stash of Westinghouse 4001s which should last my heirs to 2100. I've reconciled myself to the ugly rectangular halogen lamps for the Dodge D150 even. When some outfit makes EFFICIENT LOW POWER 5.75 INCH SEALED BEAM PAR lamps, I'll take notice..;...

Back