LED dash lights

Have replaced my interior and dash lights w/ led bulbs w/ great results. Yes the dimmer control will work w/ the led bulbs

Have replaced my interior and dash lights w/ led bulbs w/ great results. Yes the dimmer control will work w/ the led bulbs

Can you list the brand and model + color you used?

LEDs respond to varied voltages and currents, somewhat like incandescent elements, though there is a minimum voltage they require. They brighten or dim more as a quantum effect of overall CURRENT flow, which increases with voltage over the fixed resistance, hence, they brighten up when they get more than the minimum required voltage. I plan to use LEDs in my dash instruments, eventually. I'm NOT replacing the old instrument panel though. Better to fashion my own replacement with modern OTS instruments. That's what I've run since the first week of owning Mathilda.

Fully dimmable with the stock dimmer.
IMG_4298.JPG

At the risk of being branded a heretic by the C body faithful, I present a couple of picture showing the LED bulbs I installed in my dash:

View attachment 123626 View attachment 123627
Just saw this post as I'm in the middle of replacing the gauge lights with LED counterparts, which led set did you go for?

I see there are 180* ( The domed version)
And the 360* (The 5 LEDs surrounding the entire circumference)

The 180* one would make sense for full power conservation while having the bright led feature.

The 360* one would have more light?? As more LEDs but would hog more power.

Also, how did the leds fit into their respectable sockets? The 360* one looks slightly taller than the 180* version.

Thanks and apologies for the repost in an old thread.

Screenshot_20221113-232822_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221113-232858_Chrome.jpg

Just saw this post as I'm in the middle of replacing the gauge lights with LED counterparts, which led set did you go for?

The 180* one would make sense for full power conservation while having the bright led feature.

Also, how did the leds fit into their respectable sockets? The 360* one looks slightly taller than the 180* version.

View attachment 567406

View attachment 567407
I used the second version and removed the factory lenses.

View attachment 567406

View attachment 567407
Your seconf picture is what I used as a replacement they're available for super bright lights and are very reasonable and price

20221114_012244.jpg

Much appreciated gents, I'll probably go for the domed version as removing the lenses seems like a PITA.

(I've got a push button trans)

Removing the dash and such, just to get to the lenses doesn't sound great for a novice like me & potentially screw up the trans pushbutton adjustment.
Unless, dash disassembly is not required to remove the blue lens's.

Anywho, thanks for the replies.
@carrman @david hill

Last edited:
I haven't bought an incandescent bulb in forever whether it's dash light, dome light, headlight, or bathroom light.

Little update since I did the tachometer and straightened how it sits. Again these are not as bright in person, especially the heater button pics.
IMG_7665.JPG

IMG_1139.JPG
IMG_7850.JPG

Little update since I did the tachometer and straightened how it sits. Again these are not as bright in person, especially the heater button p

Little update since I did the tachometer and straightened how it sits. Again these are not as bright in person, especially the heater button pics.View attachment 569852

Little update since I did the tachometer and straightened how it sits. Again these are not as bright in person, especially the heater button pics.View attachment 569852

View attachment 569849View attachment 569851
Are these white led bulbs or green? They look great!

Any ideas on how to replace the front headlights with Led's and which kind/size/yada?
I love the old style but. . .would like a bit more brightness. . .

Back