Left hand thread wheel studs?????

Switch them out to right threads. Too hard to find lefts and unless you're into show car silliness it doesn't matter at all. Self lockers were a silly idea

Decided to go to right hand thread studs.QUOTE]

Gee........ What a kop out. :poke: REAL Mopars have left hand thread studs half way around. All mine still have the left thread.

I never get tired of the look of bewilderment on the tire guys face when I tell him the left side lugs are reverse thread. "How can that be...."?

They were born after 1980 or so....

I don't understand why so many think all our lefty cars are always at the shop getting wheels pulled, to presume this is silly.
In the last 16 years no one has pulled a wheel on my old cars but me.

When I got new tires put on not only did I vocalize about the left hand threads, I also taped a note to the steering wheel.

61afwR4B7FL._SX300_.jpg

i'm replacing all of mine due to the fact i can't spin the lugs by hand >_<

My tire guy is even older than me, and sold them new in 1966, so Lefties aren't new to him. I would miss him if he kicked off!

You guys live dangerously. The last person to work on my that I was not friends with or family with was a tech in Renoyldsburg Oh. wheen I had a broken belt in the tire. If you are using stock wheels you need stock lug nuts period.

i have 4 used ones with nuts i took off the rear of a 66 fury. not beat up or anything. i'll send to you if you want them. just send me your address. i had tires put on my fury this sum. an the first thing the guy done was ring one off. they replaced all of them for free so i saved the old ones. i'm going to change the front ones too when i have new tires put on the front. i'll see how many he rings off before he figs. it out.

Back