Left hand thread wheel studs?????

Wibbs

Reaction score
Does anybody know where to get left hand thread wheel studs and lug nuts for my 68 Fury III? I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks in advance.

It's neat that your car still has them but switching all of them to right hand wouldn't be a bad thing.

You can get left hand studs and lug nuts at NAPA.

I would switch to the right hand studs and nuts like Matt suggested...

Not first hand experience I hope.
Yes. Once. In the mid 70's or so. It was, ummm... how should I put it? BVD soiling.

A complete 360 on Rt. 128 in Needham, MA during rush hour at mile marker 18. That guard rail stayed crumpled for at least five years and my orifices puckered every time I drove by it after that.

Decided to go to right hand thread studs. Backs are easy. Fronts, I have to figure out what kind of drum brakes I have. Thanks to all for your input.

Decided to go to right hand thread studs.QUOTE]

Gee........ What a kop out. :poke: REAL Mopars have left hand thread studs half way around. All mine still have the left thread.

I never get tired of the look of bewilderment on the tire guys face when I tell him the left side lugs are reverse thread. "How can that be...."?

If I'm ever faced with changing them out on my Imp it would be tough to switch to right hand thread.

Decided to go to right hand thread studs.QUOTE]

Gee........ What a kop out. :poke: REAL Mopars have left hand thread studs half way around. All mine still have the left thread.

I never get tired of the look of bewilderment on the tire guys face when I tell him the left side lugs are reverse thread. "How can that be...."?

Two of mine still have lefties

Back