Let me tell you about my Thanksgiving vacation

Rapidtrans777

Reaction score
So what started out as a 5 day run from the sunny FL panhandle to Long Island to pick up a '70 Fury GT parts car turned into a 9 day adventure. The transmission/clutch started acting funny in my '01 4x4 2500 coming up 301 in Maryland. By the time we (my wifes a real trooper, she goes with me on all my treks) got to the top of the Jersey turnpike it wouldn't go in gear unless I shut if off, put her in 1st, then she wanted to creep with the clutch pushed in. Floating gears I pulled into the Vince Lombardi service plaza and slid under the truck. Hoping maybe it's just the slave cylinder, nope, pieces laying in the bottom of the bellhousing. This was thanksgiving night, supposed to meet the guy to get the car in the morning and then meet member Fury GT later Friday and pick up a set of NOS fenders. Well, that ain't gonna happen now. Hats off to Fury GT, never meeting me before he offered up his shop if I wanted to try and make up to his place, about another 2 1/2 hours. Found a transmission shop in Teterboro Friday morning with great reviews on Google, they could handle the job if the parts could be found being it was black friday. No such luck, couldn't even order parts till Monday. Stayed at the Marriott in Secaucus, had Enterprise pick me up in a 2018 Ram. Used the rental truck to pick up the car and fenders, do some sightseeing, times square, Ellis island, statue of liberty, etc,. Truck was finished late Tuesday and headed home Wednesday morning. Icing on the cake, walk in the house Friday and a fitting on the water heater had let go soaking the carpet in the master bedroom. I think we'll stay home Christmas.

Wow you had quite the trip, but still sounds like it was successful. Got the car and parts

Ed, it was great to meet you. I am glad that you made it home some safe but very sorry to hear about your soggy carpet. That's awful. Stay in touch.

Bill

Back