let see yer RAISED white letter tires....

CanCritter

Reaction score
just wondering what folks are useing in the way of raised white letter tires or whats availible..pic and or links apprieciated...looking for something period correct or passable as period correct for the GT...

I don't have a Pic but I will say A Pet Peeve of mine is when guys buy White letter tires and Mount the Tires on backwards so the letters are in the inside! I think the White letters adds Great Contrast Between the Car and the Color of the wheel. I hate seeing just a All Black Sidewall.

Last edited:
Depeneds on the car.. 4 door plain jane cars/cop cars pull off the black walls. Not big on whitewalls myself.. Unless its a forward look.

IMO can't go wrong with BFG radials with RWL's

P235/70-R15 Goodrich should fit the bill quite nicely over the original H70-15's.
Problem is the "Radial" plastered all over it.
I don't know if the GT used Goodyear, Goodrich, or Firestones.

shopping

Coker has the correct original style but it only goes up to G70.

P235/70-R15 Goodrich should fit the bill quite nicely over the original H70-15's.
Problem is the "Radial" plastered all over it.
I don't know if the GT used Goodyear, Goodrich, or Firestones.

shopping

Coker has the correct original style but it only goes up to G70.

like this tire but it looks more 80s-90s....the goodyear polyglass have a good look and the firestone wide ovals look okay to...of course lm wondering about the reliability of these tires compared to a decent radial....keepim comein folks thanks..

I'm running BFG Radial T/As too. I love 'em! :)

Here's another tire that could work, although not all sizes seem to be available. 255/60R15 and 275/60R15 are listed. Also listed is 225/70R15, but I don't see 235/70R15.

sportsman_st.jpg

as mentioned by others before:
The only correct tire is the H70-15 Goodyear Polyglas

Do not buy a Firestone Sports oval as those haven't been used by Mopar as RWL back in the day. It was used by GM&Ford.

As the correct size is not available you might want to buy a smaller size of Goodyear Polyglas.
Check out what John Kelsey has available:
www.kelseytire.com

He has an F70-15 Goodyear Polyglas (Custom wide tread). Picture shows only the F70-14 but he has the 15", too
pgf70-14es.jpg

here is a Polyglas GT tire later series. Shown is a F60-15 but he has it up to G60-15 (used on E-bodys back then)
F60-15PloyglasGT-RWL-ES.jpg

I currently drive three cars around with these tires.
They are decent tires when fresh and new. They work in the rain, too.

Carsten

CanCritter, I have five Goodyear H70x15s I'll get pics to you. I think I posted them for sale on here a while back.

Back